• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Egogsys

Share/Bookmark

Egogsys

Egosys new Waveterminal is out (www.egosys.com) anyway aware of its merits?

luk

Re: Egogsys

I too am interested in this card, mainly because it seems more affordable than some others; it has 24 bit, 96 kHz digital connections; it has GSI/F (Gigasampler driver); and the Nemesys web site mentions it.

The product is just now becoming available in the States. I\'d love to hear some feedback on this card from Joe or Dave at Nemesys (since you guys mention it on your site!).

Here are some links for more info on the Ego Systems WaveTerminal 2496:

This gives full info from the manufacturer\'s web site:
    http://www.egosys.net/eng/wt2496.html

This URL details driver installation, GigaSampler tuning, etc.
    http://www.egosys.net/eng/faq/faq.html#

This URL lists retailers who carry the product
    http://www.egosys.net/eng/wavetmn2496faq.htm#

MSRP (in the U.S): $349

We just got a card yesterday. We have been working closely with this company on implementing the interface. I will have someone give it a shot today, and play with it with this weekend. I will give you a report early next week.

Joe (NemeSys)

What about the WaMi Rack. That looks even more interesting.

No GS/IF or GS compatibility plans so far.
    But maybe that will change too.:-)
    Nemesys was quoted to reconsider the option to NOT use laptops as GSmachines
    Any news on that front Dave?

luk

Thier(egosys\'s)web site say specifically that it\'s GS/IF or GS compatible...

You\'re right
    I ment the Wamibox for laptops.

\"We just got a card yesterday. We have been working closely with this company on implementing the interface. I will have someone give it a shot today, and play with it with this weekend. I will give you a report early next week. Joe (NemeSys)\"

Hey Joe-

What is your take on this new card, now that you\'ve had time to play with it? Thanks for the feedback.

The WaveCenter 2496 is a nice low-cost, four channel IO cards.
    They (Ego Sys) have done a very clean design of the hardware and software. The card has four channels of out, two analog (20-bit), two digital SPDIF (24-bit). The card supports the GSIF interface, so that GigaSampler can run concurrently with your sequencer. We had a little trouble at first, because the GSIF capabilities were shipped disabled. But Ego will be releasing a new driver shortly which will default to having GSIF turned on. To turn the GSIF on, just right mouse click on their control app and select the \'Enable GSIF\' menu item.

The audio was very clean and consistent when using GS alongside the Cakewalk 9 sequencer. There were no pops or clicks at full polyphony. We tested the card in a Dell PII 450 with a IBM harddrive.

I hope this helps in some way. Also Ego seems to very responsive, with good technical support.

Joe (NemeSys)

Just a quick correction. The DACs on the WaveTerminal hardware are 24-bit! not 20 bit.
    My apologies. So actually you get 24-bit resolution out of both the digital, and the analog channels.

Also Ego Sys is working on the GSIF drivers for the WaMi Box (the PCMCIA card). We don\'t have release date yet, but they expecting to release it next year.

Joe (NemeSys)

Go Back to forum