• Register
  • Help

Topic: 3 more toons

3 more toons

Hi all,

Here are 3 more instrumental versions of songs from Spellbound. Everything is GPO apart from trumpet, trombones, timpani, bass and drums. We always appreciate feedback if you have time to comment.

Warlock Chant
    Our Duty
    Many thanks again to Neotypic for hosting these until we get them up on our website.
    If any of you would like to hear more, or listen to songs with vocals, you can go to Spellbound Music Page

and select them.

Also, here are a couple of videos from a high school production of the show 2 years ago:
    Spellbound videos

Thanks for listening

Regards to all,
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Re: 3 more toons

First-rate job on these, as always, Kin!

The Warlock Chant is a real power-glide-ride, great energy and drama in it.

Our Duty and Spellbound likewise powerful writing; and the rendering on these is excellent.

One key factor in all of these is a coherent maintenance of style and feel -- they all fit well together and consistently bring the sense of having come from the same pen.

Will try to get to the videos tomorrow -- hope all is moving along well for you with Spellbound!

My best,

Sorry for such a late response... so many demos to catch up on

Awesome work! Indeed, these are wonderfully rendered. I like the use of percussion in the latter half of Our Duty. Great triumphant melody, and powerful ending!

Spellbound is quite a listen as well! Again, I love the use of percussion! And it's wonderful to hear many recognizable melodies from previous demos I've heard from this musical.

Great orchestration. Spellbound is sounding quite wonderful!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Oops, I am a bad boy. I listened to these pieces when you first posted them and I did not comment. Thanks for bringing this back Sean.

I do enjoy the pieces. I watched the videos on the play and thought that it would have been a great production to watch. A lot of time and effort went into the production, from music to costumes and set design.
    I am impressed.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    (The Nut )

Go Back to forum