• Register
  • Help

Topic: Off With His Head

Off With His Head- possible soundtrack contest entry

Hello everybody,

I need some outside ears...ironic that you will all be listening inside your homes. Be that as it may, I am trying to enter the Young Composer Contest on Turner Classic Movies (TCM)...I am torn between 2 tracks. If you could give me some insight, then that would be great. Here is the first one Off With His Head and the second one will not pull up on my hosting site...I will put an update to this thread when it becomes available. They are both approximately 1 minute long...because that was how long the video clips were. If I make it through the first round, then they will send me a clip that is 1:30 long. My fingers are crossed...

Wish me luck,

Last edited by Prowland; 02-26-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I can't type

Re: Off With His Head

Fine work on this, Paul -- I'd say you're a contender! It would be great to see this with the accompanying video clip, if that doesn't upset anyone's copyrights applecart -- is that possible?

Meanwhile, I will do my famous patented Polish "Good Luck Polka" to see if I can't help things along... lol!

All my best,

Thank you, David. Your kind words always give me hope that I am figuring out all this composition stuff. I will see whether I can post a synced up version of the track.

Thank you again,

Orcas Island

Very good work. Nice textures and well-written. I think you did a fantastic job.

Often with these competitions its often about how the music fits with the film. That often makes or break whether a work wins.

I agree with David that you should be a contender.

Good luck and I hope you get the prize!

Gary Garritan

Thank you, David and Gary!!

I have posted the video clip with this piece in another thread...We only get 50 viewings! SSSooo, get them while they're hot!

Thank you both so much for your kind words...you make me feel like I might have a shot at winning this contest...or at the very least, make it to the next round! If I win, then my books and dorm will be paid for for comeing college term.

Thank you again,

Go Back to forum