• Register
  • Help

Topic: combining JABB with GPO under Sibelius 4

Share/Bookmark

combining JABB with GPO under Sibelius 4

This is a very basic question: if I intend to compose a score mixing symphonic orchestra with chosen instruments from JABB, will the JABB instuments be loadable to GPO Studio Kontakt instances, or will it require launching "JABB Studio" in parallel? The same doubt if I plan to use them both in Cubasis as VST plugins.
    I will be gratefull for some reliable response as it may result in buy/no buy for Garritan.
    Witold

Re: combining JABB with GPO under Sibelius 4

Make sure you have the most recent version of the Garritan Studio. You cannot load GPO and JABB into the same Kontakt player, but for instance you can load channels 1-8 of GPO in player one, and channels 9-12 of JABB in player two. All triggered by the same Sibelius file.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Make sure you have the most recent version of the Garritan Studio. You cannot load GPO and JABB into the same Kontakt player, but for instance you can load channels 1-8 of GPO in player one, and channels 9-12 of JABB in player two. All triggered by the same Sibelius file.

Jeff
    Jeff, thanks. Still a word of clarification. Would it mean that I open the GPO Studio (say, the last version) and load into slot one (the first Kontakt player instance) orchestral instruments and in slot two (second, out of all eight Kontakt player instances) JABB instruments? If yes, that is simple and the appearance in Sibelius will be same as with GPO only, except the visible instances of GPO studio will contain different instruments. By the way, does JABB come with a similar "studio" mechanism as GPO (you know, 8 players, 8 slots each)?
    Witold

Yes, it's that simple. But the new player is not called GPO Studio, it's called Garritan Studio because it can load GPO and/or JABB. As you said, player one can be 8 GPO instruments, player two can be 8 JABB instruments.

Hope this answers your question,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Yes, it's that simple. But the new player is not called GPO Studio, it's called Garritan Studio because it can load GPO and/or JABB. As you said, player one can be 8 GPO instruments, player two can be 8 JABB instruments.

Hope this answers your question,
    Jeff
    Jeff,
    Thanks again and yes, it answers the question and closes the subject.
    Witold

Go Back to forum