• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 100,000 Posts at the Garritan Forum

Orcas Island

100,000 Posts at the Garritan Forum

I am please to announce that the Garritan Forum has reached over 100,000 posts and that Lukpcn from Poland is our 100,000th poster (and will receive some nice prizes ).

We, the Garritan forum, have become one of the most popular and fastest growing sample forums on the net. The viewer ship on the forum is astronomical (Northern Sounds receives over 150,000 views a day - that's many millions of views per month). Traffic has grown nearly 50% in the past year alone and membership has grown accordingly.

The GPO revolution has caught hold and continues to spread. In the past few months we added Jazz and Big Band and the Stradivari violin and soon we will be expanding our product-line with new libraries.

I am very pleased to be at Northern Sounds and being here has done wonders for us all.

Many of you have shared the adventures from NS. You were there viewing the live GPO Competition concert when it happened. You were there vicariously with us in New York, Boston, Prague, Vienna, Anaheim, Minneapolis, Indy, Texas and other places as you viewed our journeys from the forum. There was the U2 Behind the Scenes tour, the Tom Jones concert, Wendy Carlo's studio, the Village Vanguard and the Harvard Chapel and other adventures. And you were with us at NAMM shows, AES shows, the Jazz Conference, Musikmesse, education conferences and other shows. You were with us at Berklee, Yale, and other institutions of music education. We've met many of our members along the way and put faces to the names. You were all with us every step of this journey.

I strongly believe that the Garritan forum should contribute to the growth of the musician and to build up rather than tear down. Our discussions on a variety of topics are informative, we've learned from dozens of tutorials made by other members, shared our music, received critique (thanks etLux!), have collaborated on projects (like the GPO Holiday CD-thanks DPDan), we have contests, milestone posts, we chat regularly, we laugh (thanks Styxx), participate in the Composer Channel radio station (thanks Chris!), and most important - we help each other and have a good time together. We have all shared your successes and shared in some of your sorrows. There have been friendships formed and we have grown into a strong community.

There is such a diversity of talent here: from award winning composers, university and conservatory educators, musical theatre directors, executives from music technology companies, performers, church musicians, programmers, game music composers, orchestrators, conductors, students, music veterans, newcomers, and musicians from all walks of life and from many countries. We do our best to encourage and support all musicians no matter what skill level.

It is my hope that people come away from the forum with more than they came - whether it be learning something, or the satisfaction of helping someone, or hearing some great music.

Many thanks to our administrators PapChalk and Desound who have done a truly outstanding job in making this one of the best managed, most productive and exemplary forum on the net. Thanks to our moderators for volunteering their time to help so many.

What makes this community so extraordinary and so unique is the people. Thanks to all of you for making this the best, most encouraging, fun-living and most informative sample forum!

If I have any success it is not the products, it is this community which comprises all of you.

Excuse me if I've been a little long winded but 100,000 posts is a great milestone and just wanted to thank you. I am looking forward to the next 100,000 posts.

Gary Garritan

Re: 100,000 Posts at the Garritan Forum

WOW! what a tremendous privalege to be involved in this forum.

With Dan, I must say that it is a privilege to be part of this forum, and all the great music being created here!

Gary, my most sincere thanks and appreciation for making this all possible -- and making it happen.

Your work is changing the face of music technologies -- but more importantly, it is enriching, enhancing, and expanding the lives and creativity of these many fine musicians... and daily bringing more great musical gifts to the world.

All my best,

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: 100,000 Posts at the Garritan Forum

I certainly ezz a pilgrimage to be a miner on this forehead. Wait, let me put this thing down. Ok, try this again ... Ehem, It certainly is a privilege to be a member of this forum especially when I take note of all the unbelievably talented, intelligent, and musically educated people I've met.
    Gary had started something I am sure he never could have imagined the growth during it's conceptional stages. Yet, 100,000 posts is only the beginning! Now we shoot for ONE MILLION! Nice going Mr. Garritan! Not bad, not bad at all sir.

What a milestone this is! I know that I certainly have benefited so much by all of you. The diversity of experiences, education, backgrounds, and personalities makes this place such a fun place to be. It is nice to have a place to come and "talk shop" with others who are as interested in this stuff as I am. My wife can handle only so much enthusiasm about convolution reverb, MIDI editing, and morphing technology

While I certainly have tried to be as helpful and USEFUL as possible, I must admit that I have received much more help and support than I have contributed.

Gary, thanks for your vision and support. And as Styxx says, this is only the beginning.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

d@#@ I guess bing away for a few hours on this momentous occassion is not the right thig to do. Congrats to our friend from poland who must have stayed up into the wee hours of the morning (most likely working on a momentous piece) to be the recipient of such a great honor.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Alright, I got the 100,000th post! Whoo-ho! What? D'oh!

I'm glad to have contributed almost a grand to that total and glad to have read (or at least scanned through) thousands of the others. Carry on to 200,000!
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Gary - thank you for bringing us all together.

Live long and prosper!
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Houston, TX

i love this forum; great people, wonderful music...and just a great time; the rest of humanity would benefit from the example this forum sets

Says it all .. thanks Gary.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum