• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald is too good to be true

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald is too good to be true

KHSO Emerald by Kirk Hunter Blows away the competition.It simply sounds more like
    real instruments as opposed to the Vienna Symphony Orchestra library which
    unbelievably resembles a cheap synthesizer.KHSO Emerald has a warmth and organic
    quality that easily translates into projects .I can't wait to use this vast
    palette of musical colors on my tracks.Coupled with the Chamber Strings ; you
    can't lose. Mahalo! and Bravo! to Kirk Hunter
    Chris Galfas (Jazz composer and Musician)

Re: KHSO Emerald is too good to be true

It is a great library...very playable....you get alot of value for the money...Thanks Kirk

www.bmusikaudio.com
    Brian Moody
    "A work of art that attempts to transcend the boundaries of it's medium will likely alienate those looking for the same old" Ethan Einhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thomson
    Are you insane?

Regards

Paul
    hehe - my thought exactly. (no offense to KH's library which I dont know - but the VSL comment sealed the diagnose)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Galfas
    It simply sounds more like real instruments as opposed to the Vienna Symphony Orchestra library which unbelievably resembles a cheap synthesizer. KHSO Emerald has a warmth and organic quality that easily translates into projects. I can't wait to use this vast palette of musical colors on my tracks. Coupled with the Chamber Strings; you can't lose. Mahalo! and Bravo! to Kirk Hunter
    Chris Galfas (Jazz composer and Musician)
    Hello Chris, and truly...thanks for the compliment.

HOWEVER, let's not flame anyone else here, lest you want to get POUNDED here on the forum. I see that you're new here on this board, so perhaps you don't realize how folks can be pretty harsh. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we have to understand that voicing negative opinions gets pounced on quite rapidly here on the forum. Just giving you a heads-up about posting style.

Again, thanks for the compliments, and best regards always,
    Kirk

sorry, but I have to say that from what I am listening on KHSO string sample shows that KHSO string can not compare with SISS still, KHSO string seems to be like synth than anything else! err...

It´s not a matter of being insane or not , the problem is that some people really don´t care to what they offer for young composers...they simply want to make part of this stupid war that is happening here making statements like this...
    ...this is really a shame that they even don´t stop to think how harmful they can be for a young talent that is looking for a good tool...talents need good intruments , good teaches and good tools...but some guys prefer to be a men advertisement of a developer in oder to get something back from them!!!
    If you want to make untrue statements advertisememts like this it´s up to you , but please don´t make comparison and say bad things about a great professional product like VSL!!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

I couldn't agree more - KHSO Emerald is a true GEM of a product (like that pun?) and is probably the best 'value' right now in terms of orchestral sample libraries.

As someone who has always lusted after SISS or Vienna et al, my lust has been quenched by Emerald (at least for now!). This isn't to disregard the quality that those libraries offer, but rather to emphasize that KHSO is a phenomenal product that betrays the price point. I would think anyone with $2000 to spend on a sample library would do well to throw $325 of that to Kirk, if for no other reason than to have a library that offers a new 'voice'...

Thanks again, Kirk, for a fantastic product. Best wishes - I hope Emerald is a huge success for you!

When you own more than one lib you don't clown on libs.......... ;-)

The only lib I want currently ain't for sale. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf

The only lib I want currently ain't for sale. ;-)
    Would that library be that of Thomas J by any chance?

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    I don't see any information in Chris's post or my post that would lead you to believe that this is the only library in either of our collections...are you simply making unfounded judgements or clowning yourself?

I can assure you that isn't the case in my studio. I just haven't found it necessary at this point in my career to spend $2000+ on a symphonic library.

"A man may, if he knows not how to save as he gets, keep his nose all his life to the grindstone, and die not worth a grout at last."

Go Back to forum