• Register
  • Help

Topic: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Question Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Is it possible to use G3 rewire mood in Sonar5 while using an instance of Personal Orchestra as a VST instrument. Has anyone here tried this?

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

I use it all the time and have done numerous projects with both running at the same time. Absolutley no problems whatsoever.

Smile Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Cody:

Thanks for your response. That makes me hopeful that I can do the same. Do you use G3 in rewire mode and GPO as a VST?

I assume you start G3 in rewire mode and then run Sonar and add in GPO VST as needed. I haven't used G3 in rewire much and am not really familiar with that prodess.

Thanks again for the response.

David M.

Question Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Hello. I'm Brent and new to the forum. I just had to chime in on this because I'm really trying to make some decisions. I am currently running G3 and Sonar 5 on the same computer (3.7 P4 and 2 gigs of Ram). I enjoyed working through G3 as a standalone, but when I need to free up CPU I couldn't bounce tracks down. It's a real pain to record them through Giga and then import them back into Sonar. Bouncing is fast. So then I switched to rewire.
    But, I'm using Sonic Implants and at around 16 tracks with a few plugins I need more power.

I'm trying to decide weather I should get the Muse Research Replicator and and VST's to the project or just get another computer and run G3 on that as well (strings, horns, etc.). If I did that should I go back to running G3 as a standalone? Does the final mix sound better by recorded it through Giga? I really appreciate the feedback.

Brent Grosvenor in Connecticut

Wink Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Brent:

I, too an a new member with minimal experience with the procedures you're asking about. My guess is that the best solution would be to run G3 on a separate computer from your sequencer connected by either midi cables or midi over lan. I used thia method in the past with G 2.5 and it workd well. At this tiume I just don't have the capability of two computers.
    that gives you the full midi capability of G3 my own experience with rendering audio through G3 and then importing it into Sonar works well.

Wish I knew the best answers to your questions.

Good Luck.
    David M.

Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

I had tried GS3 and GPO on the same PC with Sonar some time ago. There was only one problem - the soundcard would get confused and play at the wrong sample rate.

Mixing them with Giga in Rewire Mode makes a lot of sense. In that case only the host touches the soundcard, so there's no conflict.

-JF

Re: Simultaneous G3 and GPO in Sonar

Thanks Dave for the feedback. I am looking into a really good studio computer, AMD dule core (not that I really that yet) 2 gigs (which I have on my Sony) and RME - RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 NEW! 24 Bit/192 kHz 32 Channel, 1 X MIDI, Stereo sound card going back to my MOTU 896.

I dont know if I'll put all of Giga on the second computer or just my strings and horns. I really want to get up to about 25 tracks of sequencing without any really issues with a few aux sends with plugins and then mix down when I'm finished.

Should I split up Giga or not? THanks again.

Brent

Go Back to forum