• Register
  • Help

Topic: American Heartland won't load

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation American Heartland won't load

I am pulling my hair out with these Akai discs! I have tried several different options and GS3 says there is the wrong format. It is the same with all the Akai discs I purchased 2 weeks ago. Anyone else having problems with this? The meagher paragraph in the manual on pg. 45 is obvious they could care less about this Sconversion process. You'd think they would provide some more GS3 dvd's so I wouldn't have to shop in Akai hell so much.

Thank You,

Jimmy V.

Re: American Heartland won't load

I had the same problem with Memphis Horns. I called ilio and they told me that there was in fact a problem the akai discs with regard to Giga recognizing them. They sent me a new version which was simply Memphis Horns converted using Translator. If they would have told me this I could have done it myself. If you have Chicken Systems Translator, converting your disc should solve the problem.

Re: American Heartland won't load

Thank You Sir,
    I am awaiting its arrival now. I have so many sounds from the pre Giga days that I can't find in the GS3 format. I've already heard some that converted well, and GS3 makes them sound better than my Emulators did. I'm sure Translator will make me happy. I love GS3, but don't like their customer support automated replies. But then again why should they devote so much time to a format which maxes out at 256MB for its sample time. Probably was good for gigasampler, gigastudio 160, but not the big bad GS3 Orchestra.

JV

Go Back to forum