• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Samples missing? (Newbie in panic)

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Samples missing? (Newbie in panic)

Hi to everybody, I have bought GPO last month, and I really love it!
    Only one thing is upsetting me, maybe it’s just my fault but... :when I try to load the Piano in the Personal studio, a message appears telling me that the Personal studio could not find some samples (GPO Library\<GPO_Library_part2.nks>\Steinway Piano Samples\Piano_m_G1.wav, G2, G3, G#1, F1 etc.) . I click the Auto find button and it seems to work, it asks if it has to use the same path for the other samples too.
    Unfortunately it goes on asking and asking, but the samples are there ! With the locate manually it’s just the same...

And now the very strange thing, I use the GPO via Personal studio, with Finale 2002, when I click the mouse on the virtual keyboard of the Kontact player all the G, G# and F are played correctly, but they are not played if I write a score with Finale...
    I have updated either the GPO and the personal studio, but still does not work.
    Hope you can help me, and excuse me for my poor English, it’s a lot I’m not using it

Re: Samples missing? (Newbie in panic)

Interesting, that has started happening to me just last week as well, and only on the Steinway Piano - all other instruments are fine - exactly the same problem. I was going to re-install GPO next time I used the Piano to see if that helped. You might like to try the same.

I was going to re-install GPO next time I used the Piano to see if that helped. You might like to try the same
    Well, before reinstalling it all, you must uninstall the old version, or just overwrite?

Hello Nicola,

Welcome to the forums.

Just to reassure you. The library works superbly, including all piano patches.

I don't know why you are having this problem and it might be the case that a reinstall will resolve it. I'm not sure if lack of memory (computer memory that is .. not your memory ) would cause this problem.

Regarding reinstalling. I always do a full uninstall and remove every trace of the program I can find before reinstalling just to be sure. There may be some members here who feel this isn't necessary but I always do this.

If the problem isn't resolved, please come back to the forums. The folks here are very friendly and helpful.

Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Nothing, I reinstalled the GPO but the problem remains the same...
    I start thinking that maybe the .nks file in my CD was wrong, now I'll read all the threads to see if there is a solution...

Quote Originally Posted by nicola
    Nothing, I reinstalled the GPO but the problem remains the same...
    I start thinking that maybe the .nks file in my CD was wrong, now I'll read all the threads to see if there is a solution...
    Nicola,

Did you install all on the default(c) drive or across drives?

One thing: is DirectFromDisk (in Options) Active?

Well, I installed everything in C:\programs\Garritan personal orchestra\Gpo Library, the default folder from the installation shield...

Where are the direct from disk options? I can see only :auto convert loaded samples to 32bit, Use std cc#7-10 for volume&pan, display mapping on keyboard,use computer keyb. for playback, lock memory(no swap), sustain sostenuto pedal mode.

The strange thing is that using the gpo as a vst in cubase LE, even if it displays the error message(sample not found) all the G and G# are played, but not in Finale (2004)

Anyway, I'll go on studying and loosing my nights, It's absolutely fascinating and worth the effort, maybe some day everything will work, or I'll buy the garritan stenway

Smile Re: Samples missing? (Newbie in panic)

, and excuse me for my poor English, it’s a lot I’m not using it [/FONT][/SIZE]
    Se sei Italiano, beh allora non c'è problema, fammelo sapere

Well, I installed everything in C:\programs\Garritan personal orchestra\Gpo Library, the default folder from the installation shield...
    Nicola, these are my GPO folders on my C drive. Check yours against these to make sure everything is there.

My GPO Folder:

As you are using 'Studio', here is my 'Studio' folder:

Your VST Plugins folder should have this file in it:
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum