• Register
  • Help

Topic: What does AG Stand For?

Share/Bookmark

What does AG Stand For?

Some of the instruments in the Dry Instruments library of GPO have "AG" after them. What does 'AG" stand for?

Re: What does AG Stand For?

Quote Originally Posted by danny7
    Some of the instruments in the Dry Instruments library of GPO have "AG" after them. What does 'AG" stand for?
    "Aggressive". Controller #16 is used to add bite to this class of instruments.
    Bill

maybe I've looked in the wrong places, but is there a list of the sounds and what the various abbreviations stand for? For example, the differences between instruments that are "V" or "vib" and "KS"... I KNOW what they mean, but what sort of other differences are there (like this controller 16 thing is new to me). For example, there are SO many different french horns, that using them is a little daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    maybe I've looked in the wrong places, but is there a list of the sounds and what the various abbreviations stand for? For example, the differences between instruments that are "V" or "vib" and "KS"... I KNOW what they mean, but what sort of other differences are there (like this controller 16 thing is new to me). For example, there are SO many different french horns, that using them is a little daunting.
    First, on p.28 of the manual you'll find the Directory of Instruments and the preface contains a glossary for the initial release. Just above this thread, in the "stickies," is the Update thread from July. http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36712

Point #2 has a link to the .pdf doc. It has info on the changes and definitions.

Finally, Chris Bassett has put together a convenient reference sheet here:
    http://www.uglybassett.com/Data/gJabb/GPO-Reference.pdf

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    "Aggressive". Controller #16 is used to add bite to this class of instruments.
    Well, I guess that rules out "AktienGesellschaft".

Richard

Go Back to forum