• Register
  • Help

Topic: So...How to I quickly TUNE a sample on gigasampler???

Share/Bookmark

So...How to I quickly TUNE a sample on gigasampler???

How do I quickly raise or lower (tune up or down) the pitch of my piano sample so that it matches the live instruments I\'ve recorded???

J.G.

Re: So...How to I quickly TUNE a sample on gigasampler???

Pitch Bend?

That is a ridiculous way to do it. What John is trying to say here is, what I have been saying too: WHY doesn\'t GS have a master tune for each of your loaded instruments?!?!?! This is silly.

Regards,
    Simon

More to the point, why in the editor, do you have to type in a new pitch and then click on the apply button? Like i\'ve said before, when you change a pitch value it\'s because you want to tune your sample, so what\'s the apply button for? Why can\'t you just drag a dial, or even better, click once on the tune box, then use the up down cursor keys to tune your sample audibly, and each press has the function of selecting the pitch and applying the change. This is the way hardware samplers have operated for years. And you\'re right, the .gig files should have some kind of tuning option in the main Giga playback window. This is so obvious.

Bob

Yup, Bob and Simon have it right. I want to tune the whole instrument (sample) up or down and in a way which is simultaneously audible. I suppose I\'ll use the method they suggest; but it sounds tedious.

JG

And on top of the awfull way the tuning is currently working it also has a bug. If you tune samples in the editor and use properties when a region is selected it works fine. If however you select the sample itself (on the left part of the screen) and select properties the tuning work reversed! Tuning a sample up will tune it down and the other way around.

Go Back to forum