• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any info on Terratec EWS88?

Share/Bookmark

Any info on Terratec EWS88?

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Re: Any info on Terratec EWS88?

About 2 months ago I phoned Terratec and asked them if they had any intention of developing GSIF drivers for the EWS88M and if it had already DirectX drivers. I was told that the DirectX drivers were not available yet, but they were on the verge of being released, so by now the soundcard should be DirectX compatible and Gigasampler should be able to work with the EWS88. As for the GSIF I was told that Terratec would like to integrate this interface in their soundcard, but problems with communication towards Nemesys prevented them from doing this. I contacted Joe from Nemesys about this and he replied that he was unaware of problems in communications with Terratec. Following that I phoned Terratec in The Netherlands and inquired what the next move on their part would be (I had already stated that I would buy the card if it was compatible with the Gigasampler Interface), and in addition I forwarded the email Joe had sent to me. I was told that the information would be passed on to the managers of the headoffice in Germany, and that’s it. I have not heard of Terratec since, nor have I received any news from Nemesys whether Terratec had contacted them. So it’s my guess that nothing has happened yet, but at least I have stated my wishes very clearly and that is all I can do. If there are others who would like to see Terratec incorporate the GSIF into the EWS88, don’t sit back and wait to see if anything happens, but let your wishes be known to them. Maybe Joe can give some additional information about whether Terratec has contacted them or not.

Best wishes, Jan

Jan,

So here is what I know. Terratec did contact me after your matchmaking efforts. Thank you.
    We both signed an NDA, and we sent over (emailed) our GSIF DDK (device driver kit). That was about a 3 to 4 weeks ago - don\'t hold me to that. I believe that it was delivered to the right people, but I haven\'t had any technical questions from them, so I don\'t know where they are in their development effort. I will follow up this post with an email, and see if I can get some more information.

Joe (NemeSys)

Hey, that’s great news. It is to the company’s credit that they really listen to their (potential) customers. I wish Creamware had done the same thing for their Pulsar card. Thanks for the update.

Jan

Go Back to forum