• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Sonatina In D" (First Movement)

Share/Bookmark

"Sonatina In D" (First Movement)

Fellow MusicMakers,

For what I hope is your approval, here is the first movement of my "Sonatina In D", Opus Whatever.

This is the GPO Steinway piano with added highs and pedal noises. I used Kontakt 2 as the sample player and Sonar 5 as the sequencer.

Is the piano too "crisp"?

Regards to all,

LGA

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/SonatinaInD.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Sonatina In D" (First Movement)

Larry,

I am bummed out. I could not get your Sonatina to play correctly. I am only getting half second (or less) bursts of sound. I will try again later just to see if it is this computer.

I hope that it works,
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Larry,

I am bummed out. I could not get your Sonatina to play correctly. I am only getting half second (or less) bursts of sound. I will try again later just to see if it is this computer.

I hope that it works,
    Strange... I just checked it on two different computers and it worked well on both with Windows Media Player. I dunno. I prepared the mp3 with standard settings using the converter that is a part of Sonar 5.

Thanks for trying. Try again.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Download working fine from here...

And a very handsome first movement to this sonatina, Larry! Particularly liked some of the more pensive moments...

Enjoyed listening to this.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Mr Larry - you need a new server - if you are paying for mydocsonline - get your money back!

Music though:
    - I have to say I smiled all the way through this, I hope I was supposed to! Thank you for the positive vibes.
    - I would have toned the piano down a bit myself, but after about 2mins I got used to it.
    - did you play this in 'live'? If so remarkably accurate (er metronomic?)performance - I would like to hear this actually played, with all the pushes and pulls on the tempo that a pianist would probably naturally do.
    - love the pedal thump at the end - didn't know GPO did that, perhaps it should!

Hi,

Prowland I often get that problems with larry songs (not sure why) but I just right click and save as and it always work that way. Again Larry it was so nice. How do you usually write your music if you mind me asking. Like do you have a 'structure' or just write it up both melody and harmony in same time etc? Just curious

Saldor

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Download working fine from here...

And a very handsome first movement to this sonatina, Larry! Particularly liked some of the more pensive moments...

Enjoyed listening to this.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Many thanks Mr. Dave for your review.

Pensive moments are my specialty.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    Mr Larry - you need a new server - if you are paying for mydocsonline - get your money back!

Music though:
    - I have to say I smiled all the way through this, I hope I was supposed to! Thank you for the positive vibes.
    - I would have toned the piano down a bit myself, but after about 2mins I got used to it.
    - did you play this in 'live'? If so remarkably accurate (er metronomic?)performance - I would like to hear this actually played, with all the pushes and pulls on the tempo that a pianist would probably naturally do.
    - love the pedal thump at the end - didn't know GPO did that, perhaps it should!
    I am happy with mydocsonline. Why should I change? Most of the free mp3-streaming services that I have seen are not very good.

Yes, I think that the piano is perhaps a bit too aggressive in many spots and it is, unfortunately, metronomic.

I did not play it in live. I entered each note one at a time.

I added the pedal noises from another source in seeking "realism". GPO does not have that sound.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saldor
    Hi,

Prowland I often get that problems with larry songs (not sure why) but I just right click and save as and it always work that way. Again Larry it was so nice. How do you usually write your music if you mind me asking. Like do you have a 'structure' or just write it up both melody and harmony in same time etc? Just curious

Saldor
    I write everything at the same time, one note at a time, entered with my mouse. It is created as I hear it in my strange mind.

Thank you for your interest.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Smile Excellent.

Larry,

I never post 'round these parts; I like to cower in the shadows because I'm always afraid I don't have enough expertise and/or knowledge to constitute anything resembling a valid opinion...

I've always liked your stuff. No matter the type of work or the instrumentation, you have a super distinct sound and I could pick your work out of a heap of other uninspired, meshed-together sound-alikes any day.

That said, this sonatina seems a bit different from what I've been hearing out of you lately. And I love it!!!!! I get a much more muted emotional response from it as opposed to some of your other compositions which give me an immediate vibe I can tap into. This piece sends me off into different, more contemplative directions... I get very nostalgic/warm memories-ish while listening to it, and I can't put a finger on why, exactly, that is.

But I thrive on the sensation all the same! Many thanks for supplying it.

I'd love to give a go at playing this some time soon. This is one of the few works I've heard that I've really felt I simply must perform!!

-Tom Williams

P.S. Our digital composition process is essentially identical. I relish knowing I'm not doing something absurd that nobody else does when writing digital music. Here's to the age of LCD's and mouse cursors over the glory days of parchment and inked quills!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast