• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Metal scrapes and bowed?

Share/Bookmark

Metal scrapes and bowed?

Anyone know of a lib that is mostly this content. If you know of something that "contains" these sounds feel free to post that too, I may have it already, but.........

I'm hoping to find something unprocessed, preferably a little guy type lib.

Thanks!

Re: Metal scrapes and bowed?

The Crypt produced by Alan Lastufka. You'll have to wait though. He's still fighting with the sales clerk at Lowes
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Is that a serious response?

If so when is it due out?

Does Alan need a ride home, I have an SUV. Anything I can do to help get this lib out sooner?

Hahahahaha. You're great man.

Yes it's serious but a light hearted response. The Crypt is in production. It's Alan's very extensive avantgarde project.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Cool! Thanks for the info........ I'll be first in line for that.

Maybe Alan will give me a discount on account of the ride home

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    Is that a serious response?

If so when is it due out?

Does Alan need a ride home, I have an SUV. Anything I can do to help get this lib out sooner?
    Hey kid, the library, which will include an extensive collection of prepared pianos, found object percussion, rare instruments and rare articulations for popular instruments, will most likely not be out until this fall, so I'm sure that's way too far off for your current project.

Project Sam's True Stirke has a small section of interesting found object percussion (including bowing if I remember) that might help you right now.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thanks Alan.......

Yeah that's a little far off, but glad to know you're working on something. Yeah I have True Strike, it's got some cool stuff, but I'd really love a lib that is built around weird sounds. A deep one. One thing I'll say is that, it may not be popular, but I'd prefer these sounds be as dry as possible for this sort of lib.

For example, I wouldn't like EW's version of this style lib (my guess) as I'm not fan of the room they record in and they seem to track with room mics (yet I still like most of their products and own much of their catalog). But for sounds like this I'd like the sound closer to that of, say, Ethno 3 vs RA. Others may feel differently....

The one thing I ask for in your lib (if you're taking requests ) is long bowed metal scrapes that change in pitch, modulate. in the 1 to 10 second range. Mapped to the whole range of the keyboard.

I have some custom stuff I've made but it's not heavy enough to use for everything (I mean the metal is actually not weighty enough) to get that guttural sound I'm looking for. I want metal scrapes that sound almost disgusting when effected and pitched.

I want my horror stuff to be down right sick and twisted.

So that's my request.

I'm sure I'll dig your lib.............. thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    Cool! Thanks for the info........ I'll be first in line for that.
    Too late

VSL has a HUGE amount of bowed and scraped percussion. I use it all the time - its great.

Will CRYPT include a sample of that little cardboard cutout guy going, "Grr. Arrgh?"

Seriously, though, I'm next in line - this sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Too late

VSL has a HUGE amount of bowed and scraped percussion. I use it all the time - its great.

Um.... I like VSL too, but it's not what i have in mind. QLSO has some stuff too, still not what I have in mind. None of the libs I have are what I have in mind. ;-)

That's why I'm looking for something like The Crypt. Apparently it's not out yet......

i'm looking for something that sounds "dirty" and raw. Your version of 'dirty' may be a little too clean for me.

Go Back to forum