• Register
  • Help

Topic: John Williams interview...

John Williams interview...

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on the forums, but for any John Williams lovers out there, I found these videos to be quite interesting :

The interview was more biographical than film-music-career-informative, but was interesting nonetheless. Mr. Williams has some nice anecdotes. And it's always nice to hear things directly from him rather than from some guy who thinks he understands him. What's really nice is just how personable Mr. Williams seems for such a successful composer.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: John Williams interview...

Wow, thanks alot Sean!!!! I'm going to watch these as soon as I can.

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Yes - thanks Sean! John Williams is a hero to many of us and it's always interesting to hear candid discussion from the man himself.
    Jim Casella

John is extremely nice and approachable. If anyone is near Tanglewood this summer, JOhn will be conducting the Boston Pops in a film music concert (including Star Wars) complete with video AND narration by James Earl Jones, the original Darth Vader.

If anyone does make it out, let me know, I would love to meet some other folks from the Garritan Community.

Gabe Cobas
    Boston Symphony Orchestra

Go Back to forum