• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notational software users section?

Share/Bookmark

Question Notational software users section?

Did we or did we not have a "notational software" users section where users of such software could exchange notes, help solve problems, comments and concerns about any and all notational software? Or, was it just a hit and miss type of thang and left up to posting in technical issues section? We should! Why? Because ... you can learn a lot from a dummy!
    OR! Did DAN, BRIAN and SEAN fill it up with so much jive cosmic debris that it had to be deleted?
    Thank you for any insight, comments, questions, or concerns.
    Styxx

Re: Notational software users section?

Not that I remember -- but then, I forget... forget... er, where was I? Oh, yeah: but then, I forget what I'm doing right while I'm doing it.

Seriously, perhaps that's not a bad idea. I think Gary mentioned in one conversation or another that "notationers" [like me] are a very large segment of overall users.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I remember seeing a notation software forum for like... one day, but then I remembered how people complained about how the new setup of the forum was hard to navigate, so I think Gary took out some of the forums, including the notation software forum, and rearranged the board setup...

But it would be great to have one there.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm
    I remember seeing a notation software forum for like... one day, but then I remembered how people complained about how the new setup of the forum was hard to navigate, so I think Gary took out some of the forums, including the notation software forum, and rearranged the board setup...But it would be great to have one there.
    We did have a notation section up for a very short time but people did think there were too many sections.

If many of you would like a separate notation subforum, we can certainly try again. Let me know your thoughts.

Gary

Naturally, for myself it I feel it would benefit all in the long run. Will be interesting how other feel.
    Styxx

I know that my work is done using notation to write the stuff and sequencing to get it to produce the desired effects. Most of my notation work is in the older 2002 version of Finale, consequently, I probably won't be able to get much help or give much help to many people. But, it would help in the general analysis of a given problem to see others input!

Thinking along that line...is there really a sequencing subforum? Isn't technical support and tips really open to both types of users? It's how the question is presented that the right answers will be found. Whoa ... that's tioo deep a statement for me.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

Rich
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum