• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks for the replies guys :) Dedicated GS3 doesn't seem to work...

Share/Bookmark

Thanks for the replies guys :) Dedicated GS3 doesn't seem to work...

Hey mates,

I couldn't wait and since a friend of mine is the supplier of GS3 here I got a copy today.
    Since I know GS3 alittle I thought I'd go straight to buisness and setup my dedicated computer for the GS3. I've Formatted and installed a fresh copy of XP, didn't do any tweak besides changing the schemes and backgrounds.

I've installed my MIDIOverLAN, installed my Audiophile 192 (GSIF 2) and was all set to use my new GS3.
    On my DAW I use Cubase SX3, I opened a MIDI channel setting the IN for my E-MU Xboard and OUT for the Netport1 which was set by MIDI O LAN.
    NOTHING....
    GS3 is all set for the Netport IN. Thougth there might be something wrong with the MIDI O LAN so I plugged my E-mu 1212m MIDI OUT to the Audiophile MIDI IN and nothing...
    So I went and installed Kontakt 2 to see if that works and it did...
    Got it all direct from the M-Audio to the E-mu via SPDI/F.

I don't know if this makes any difference, I log to my GS3 Computer via Remote Desktop. My network and MIDI channels works fine...

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks alot guys, once again
    Yoav

Re: Thanks for the replies guys :) Dedicated GS3 doesn't seem to work...

Does GS3 work allone?
    E.g. if you load an instrument and play the internal keyboard?
    Audiophile is okay but does the E-mu have an GSIF driver?

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Hey man, thanks for replying

E-mu doesn't have, I'm quite sure it doesn't but! hehehe,
    Since it's on the Main computer it shouldn't make any difference and I've worked with it and with GigaStudio before and had no problem.

Damn, that's so weird....
    OOOOOOFFFFF I want to work not PWMB...

Waiting for help, thanks again mates
    Yoav

Quote Originally Posted by yoav3994
    I don't know if this makes any difference, I log to my GS3 Computer via Remote Desktop.
    And you set the audio option to "leave at remote computer" in Remote Desktop settings??

/Mattias

I use Giga on a remote computer but not doing the LAN thing. I just transfer files using ADAT lightpipe. Works like a charm. What advantage do you get doing it your way?

hey mattias, I just figured that the audio I got from K2v was via the host (daw) machine... damn!! didn't know about that option and i'm getting the 4 port KVM tommorow so i'll wait and see...

Tried the GigaTeleport and that didn't work... mabe it's the GS???
    and thanks man

and to answer your question dear slinky, I can't realy say, that's why I started this thread...

cheers everybody,
    Yoav

Ok,
    After changing the audio thingy for the remote desktop GigaTeleport works.
    I unplugged the M-audio and brought it back to the DAW so I have no reference to whether it'll work now as well.
    I'm a bit confused as to what would be better.
    Connecting the M-audio back to the GS machine or leave it like that with the GigaTeleport... Will I gain anything by connecting these two computers via Audio (SPDI/F to be percise) or there's no difference between the two options and the GigaTeleport works just as well?

Thanks again good night
    Yoav

Maybe you have solved your issue. I have never had much luck sending S/PDIF from the 24/96 or 24/192 to a tascam 1884 into Sonar. I have a problem with GS3 not seeing the digital out on the audiophiles, only analog 1&2 and analog 3&4. I expected Digital 3&4. I have had it work but I am not sure why. Not reproducible. I have had new luck doing rewire into SONAR, very happy. I tried midi over lan but never did understand how it works.

I would like very much to use a separate computer for Gigastudio and send the output to my Sonar computer but I have never found a simple reproducible method. Any suggestions? If I could get this I would be nearing the end of my struggles and I could start making music which is why I started this endeavor.

Peace, KM

Go Back to forum