• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Is Atmosphere the best softsyth for pads? I'm a little behind.

Share/Bookmark

Is Atmosphere the best softsyth for pads? I'm a little behind.

If you were only going to buy one softsynth, would in be Atmosphere?

I realize this is a mature product (been around awhile). However, I am looking for one softsynth to add some interest to my compositions that are mainly scored using sampled instruments.

Hoping to get some different textures. My main question about Atmophere is it versatile enough to add many different textures to music. Or, is there anything newer that would make more sense to get instead.

Thanks,
    Santo

Re: Is Atmosphere the best softsyth for pads? I'm a little behind.

Yes, it is. Without question in my opinion. I can't even think of any fair direct competition it has

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Yes, it is. Without question in my opinion. I can't even think of any fair direct competition it has
    Totally correct IMHO.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Is Atmosphere the best softsyth for pads?
    Hands down. Simply the best available, IMO.

I agree here also ( no contest).

Quote Originally Posted by santo
    If you were only going to buy one softsynth, would in be Atmosphere?
    it's more a sample player then a synt,
    so if you are looking for many tweak possibilities you better look somewhere else.

One more for Atmosphere. Second would be Albino 2. Third would be Filterscape.

How about Altered State. I bought this as a cheap alternative to Atmospheres. Did I make a mistake. So far I like the sound of Altered State and the huge 5+ gig lib. Is Atmosphere far superior to this. I also have Wusikstation 2 gold package. Not as nice sounding as Altered State though.

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    it's more a sample player then a synt,
    so if you are looking for many tweak possibilities you better look somewhere else.
    This is true, not really a "from the ground up" kind of synth, maybe how an analog modeling softsynth would be. Everthing is already sampled, designed and programmed, and you are "stuck" with the sounds that come with atmosphere. That said, you can edit both sounds of any patch in a pretty standard sampler fashion (amp and filter envelopes, LFOs, etc), which gives you quite a bit of freedom, atleast as much as most hardware samplers and sound modules. Plus the sounds are absolutely incredible, I dare say that no software synthesis engine could come close in versatility and quality. If you look at the gear they used, and the amount of programming that it would take to get something like this going, you start to realize that $379 is a steal to have access to these kind of samples.

Hi.I Love Atmoshere. I also have other LOves however. Such as Absynth3 and Cameleon5000. I don't have CUBE But think it is also a great piece. More real sounding than Cameleon. Which is the very reason I went with Cameleon. I also want Cube however. Both Ab And CAM are totally different from Atmos..As well as totally diferent from each other. Native Instruments has a demo of AB3 also Camel Audio for Cam5000. Virsyn also for cube.YOU need to do the work on theese items. Much more so than Atmos. But it depends on if you want something out of the box. Or you want to create something "out of the box" Sonically of your own creation. You can certainly do that with Atmos. But as with the others (due to the wonderfully LARGE sample library in Atmos) you need to be willing to spend the time (and love doing so) to create you own sounds. Check as many demos as you can would be my advice. Unfortuanately no demo version for Atmos. Which is understandable to me.....As one more option. Reason3 has a new darling. The combinator.It has so many possibilities that are yet uncharted,but getting there. Many may not feel Reason3 a competitor in the PAD arena. Oh but it is. Again another roll up your sleeves affair.But you get lots.Plus lots of possibilities. Also available as a demo. JON

Go Back to forum