• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: No sound out of finale!

Share/Bookmark

Angry No sound out of finale!

I figure I would post this here since MakeMusic web site seems to be fast asleep all the time.
    How the H E double Hockey Sticks do I get sound out of finale? I mean, I've options this, midi set that, setting up the sound card, turning this on that off, put the dog out, make dinner, feed the bird, start the car, wash the windows, install new drivers, update the update I updated with the last update, email the developers, send a letter to Disney, ask for peanutbutter and jelly,circle the wagons, sang a song, put in a movie, downloaded the download that updated the download I downloaded from the other update, ... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Styxx

Re: No sound out of finale!

Styxx,

Which version? 2006? What platform? Mac or Windows?

Glad to see you are so thorough with your other chores!! If you are up to it, I could use some yardwork when it thaws.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hi Jerry how the heck are ya?
    Mammy ways, I'm using finale 2006 c. Windows XP Pro. Initially, when I installed, everything worked fine except no JABB. Downloaded the updates, paste the JABB jive cosmic debris in the proper folder and it shows nicely now. EXCEPT NO SOUND FROM ANYTHING IN FINALE! Everything is going through my PreSonus FirePod fine except for finale. As a matter of fact it plays through nothing I have, the FirePod or SoundBlaster Audigy 2 which I prefer not to use because it can't handle the audio load!
    Whew ... I feel a tightness in my shorts from all this stress. Sheesshhhhhh! Ha! Man's Nut's ... GRAB 'EM!

Say, how's that little Cutie of yours?

As for the yard work, Gort takes care of it for me. I'll send him over first thaw and have him level everything for ya in a wink of his eye.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hi Jerry how the heck are ya?
    Mammy ways, I'm using finale 2006 c. Windows XP Pro. Initially, when I installed, everything worked fine except no JABB. Downloaded the updates, paste the JABB jive cosmic debris in the proper folder and it shows nicely now. EXCEPT NO SOUND FROM ANYTHING IN FINALE! Everything is going through my PreSonus FirePod fine except for finale. As a matter of fact it plays through nothing I have, the FirePod or SoundBlaster Audigy 2 which I prefer not to use because it can't handle the audio load!
    Whew ... I feel a tightness in my shorts from all this stress. Sheesshhhhhh! Ha! Man's Nut's ... GRAB 'EM!

Say, how's that little Cutie of yours?

As for the yard work, Gort takes care of it for me. I'll send him over first thaw and have him level everything for ya in a wink of his eye.

Are you saying that none of the GPO and JABB sounds are coming through in Finale? Under the MIDI menu, under "Internal Speaker Playback" (I downloaded the 2006 MAC DEMO, so I am not sure if the menus will be the same), you should see at least two settings, "Off" and "Smartmusic Softsynth Playback" When using GPO or JABB, naturally the Smartmusic Softsynth would be not selected, but I want you to try and use that to playback from. If it plays back with sound, then we know there is a problem in the settings / folders for GPO and JABB with Finale.

In which case you would have to have someone with 2006 and a Windows version to help you.

Claire is doing fantastic! She is crawling all over the place - started that last week - and now she is pulling herlef up and walking along furniture. It was a sudden thing for us - she has been kind of practicing crawling, but never quite did it, until suddenly - WHAM! she started to just do it. and no sooner did she do that, and she started to want to stand up and test those legs out. It is such a thrill to watch her develop. Her little personality is really starting to show and she is starting to sing. She sings the "ee-ii-ee-ii" part of the "ee-ii-ee-ii-oo" of Old MacDonald. Actually, she does that for every song. But it is her way of participating in singing.
    I know that is way off topic, but you did ask.
    Here is a pic of her at the beach in our Florida vacation last month.

I'll pass on Gort leveling everything. But I bet he could THAW everything fast!!

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I figure I would post this here since MakeMusic web site seems to be fast asleep all the time.
    How the H E double Hockey Sticks do I get sound out of finale? I mean, I've options this, midi set that, setting up the sound card, turning this on that off, put the dog out, make dinner, feed the bird, start the car, wash the windows, install new drivers, update the update I updated with the last update, email the developers, send a letter to Disney, ask for peanutbutter and jelly,circle the wagons, sang a song, put in a movie, downloaded the download that updated the download I downloaded from the other update, ... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Styxx,

I'm on a Mac, but I'll give it a shot. In studio view, click on the drop down menu in the box to the left of the staff. Go to edit AU setup, and load GPO there. You may also have to edit the VI.

Dave

Dave,

I THINK - AU is an OS X proprietary thing - PC's don't use it. They use VST.

Not sure about that.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Styxx, see my MM forum post

Styxx,

I've put a detailed 'basics check' post with screenshots and a short piano piece in Finale for you to load and try.

This post can be found here.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Claire is doing fantastic! She is crawling all over the place - started that last week - and now she is pulling herlef up and walking along furniture. It was a sudden thing for us - she has been kind of practicing crawling, but never quite did it, until suddenly - WHAM! she started to just do it. and no sooner did she do that, and she started to want to stand up and test those legs out. It is such a thrill to watch her develop. Her little personality is really starting to show and she is starting to sing. She sings the "ee-ii-ee-ii" part of the "ee-ii-ee-ii-oo" of Old MacDonald. Actually, she does that for every song. But it is her way of participating in singing.
    I know that is way off topic, but you did ask.
    Here is a pic of her at the beach in our Florida vacation last month.
    Wait, one day you'll wake up and your car is gone!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: No sound out of finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Styxx,

I've put a detailed 'basics check' post with screenshots and a short piano piece in Finale for you to load and try.

This post can be found here.
    Oh man, I can't wait to get home to my system but it still will have to wait till much later in the evening.
    Many thanks Michael_uk! I'll let you know how I make out.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum