Just spent three months figuring out a problem so I thought I would share it to save someone out there the trouble.

We acquired 2 off the shelf Dell 3100's, P4 3ghz, 2gbs of ram as a second Giga studio system. We used memory configuration 2 which gave us 950mbs of useable ram which was fine. When we started loading pperformances created on another system we got memory errors at around 28%. Really weird. Even weirder was that we could manually load the samples in up to 60%. Save the performance, reload it, same thing happened.

When we reverted to the defaul Windows XP config we only get 25% of useable ram BUT...some of the samples that wouldn't load before did now until the whole thing ran out of memory.

Along comes Mattias, knight in shining armour.

http://www.musikbanken.se/Gigastudio/index.htm

We used his GS Memory optimiser and tried loads of settings. Eventually 80/4000000/0/0 did the trick. We don't have huge amounts of ram, 800mbs but its enough to load what we need and out problem is in part resolved.