• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

Share/Bookmark

PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone tried the PMI Holy Grail on other piano's? The webpage says it should work on any piano but the Hybrid piano's are preferred. I'm thinking of using it on my Sampletekk piano's (WGjr, Steiny D, Rain piano) so there is Sympathetic resonance. Are there any experiences or thoughts about doing this? Would this improve realism even further?

Thanks,
    Tom

Re: PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

I too am wondering the same thing, although at $5 it is purely an academic question.

Has anyone done a comparison between the Holy Grail and Kornel Mezo's scripts at http://music.mezo.com? Yes I know "try them both" - I will, but only just having got K2 yesterday, I am still pretty unfamiliar as to how to do a sensible comparison.

All views welcome.

Best

Len

In case you want to try things out, feel free to download the trial edition at: www.postpiano.com/hybdemo/
    It has a 2 octaves plus all C's version of the same HolyGrail functions.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Smile Re: PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

I got the full Hybrid piano library and I am so pleased with it, it is beyond description. In addition to the 4 excellent pianos that come with it, the IRs and assorted tools really make this an outstanding package.
    I have used the Holy Grail on everything from PMI pianos to Worra’s pianos to the Galaxy Steinway. I edited the Holy Grail so that the pedals “thump” when cc64 is triggered on or off (volume was set to 0 on these samples for some reason – wish it had a UI slider… hint hint – I could do it, but I’m too lazy ). It really adds a nice touch of reality. Also, I am finding the “Dinning Room” IR is quit useful because rather than using it as a “space” per se, it can really fatten up the tone of a whole piano. (Plus, that’s the more familiar sized gig I play ).
    My PMI Old Lady sings with it and so does the White Grand and everything else.
    Roll your own piano! Highly recommended!

Last edited by Brian2112; 03-07-2006 at 01:26 PM.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

What do I have to do to get the NUCLEAR OPTION on my name????
    I´ll do it!

Thanks for the thumbs up Brian.
    I think the HolyGrail shows what Kontakt 2 is capable of. The Hybrid extra effects and convolution presets are very musical additions.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Talking Re: PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    What do I have to do to get the NUCLEAR OPTION on your name????
    I´ll do it!

Thanks for the thumbs up Brian.
    I think the HolyGrail shows what Kontakt 2 is capable of. The Hybrid extra effects and convolution presets are very musical additions.

Last edited by Brian2112; 03-07-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Thanks for the feedback, Brian and Michiel - am going to download today!

Cheers

Len

Sorry for this stupid question - I am a Kontakt 2 newbie - how does one get the Holy Grail add on to integrate with, in my case, Black Grand or White Grand? That is, what do I do with the Holy Grail .nki file I now have?

Thanks in advance

Len

Smile Re: PMI Holy Grail on other piano's

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Sorry for this stupid question - I am a Kontakt 2 newbie - how does one get the Holy Grail add on to integrate with, in my case, Black Grand or White Grand? That is, what do I do with the Holy Grail .nki file I now have?

Thanks in advance

Len
    Hi Len

If I understand your question correctly, simply load up any piano nki or multi (nkm) first. Then load the Holy Grail nki file last.
    You simply load it in a rack AFTER you load your piano (in case it's a multi).

Hope this helps,

Hi Brian2112

Thanks for helping! I did do that (being the only thing I could think of ) but could not hear any difference. Admittedly it was late at night so the volume was way down and of course I understand it is a very subtle effect. I will try again at louder volumes tonight; hopefully it will work then.

It's literally my second day in the wonders of Kontakt 2 and it looks amazing!

Cheers

Len

Go Back to forum