• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Advanced: How's It Coming?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Advanced: How's It Coming?

I don't mean to sound impatient, but how's GPO Advanced coming along? Think it'll be released sometime this Spring?

Re: GPO Advanced: How's It Coming?

Hey, I'm going to use the advent of this thread to ask a tough question. It's one that Gary or others developing GPOA may not be able or willing to try and answer, for various reasons, so if that's the case it's OK.

But here goes: I've been listening to the new VSL VI demos and they are rather jaw dropping. IMHO, GOS always had a wonderful sound and I expect GPOA to be nothing but better, and with the addition of SAM instruments you know it's going to be good. Gary has hinted that GPOA will have some very advanced features in terms of programming. I guess what I'm getting at is, will people that don't have the deep pockets but are lusting for VSL VI find that GPOA is going to be a worthy alternative in sound and ease of playing??

I know that's a sticky question to ask- very subjective and the only people that could even address it are those developing GPOA. But an assurance- well, a hint actually- that when it hits my regrets about not being able to afford VSL will be assuaged would really be a nice thing to hear

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    But an assurance- well, a hint actually- that when it hits my regrets about not being able to afford VSL will be assuaged would really be a nice thing to hear
    Why, I'll even go farther than that, Fred, and let you know that each software package will include *real* X-Ray vision glasses and a bottle of pills that will let you breathe under water without any apparatus!! Aaarrrgghh! There I go - I've probably told you too much, but you wormed it out of me.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Why, I'll even go farther than that, Fred, and let you know that each software package will include *real* X-Ray vision glasses and a bottle of pills that will let you breathe under water without any apparatus!! Aaarrrgghh! There I go - I've probably told you too much, but you wormed it out of me.

Tom
    SWEET!

But you know what I mean- I know you can't just come out and say "GPOA is going to kick VSL's butt up one side and down the other for 1/4 the price!" Well, you could *lol* but you aren't the kind of people that would do that kind of hype. I know they will be apples and oranges and that in any perfect universe I would want to own both for each one is going to have its strong points. I just know I probably CAN'T have both, and I'm wondering how GPOA is going to relate to the other products in the market when it comes out. The Strad is certainly a groundbreaking product- when you guys have a whole symphony based on that technology- dang

GPO Advanced: How's It Coming?
    Usually by UPS, FedEx or something, right?
    I can wait ... I don't think I've ever waited for anything so long before. Nope, wait ... The last time I waited this long for something is when a girlfriend said she was going for popcorn while at a drive in movie.
    I wonder what ever happened to here?

By the way Tom, nice going!
    Styxx

Gpoa!!! Yayayayayay!!!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

After seeing the Strad demo last night..I gotta get it. Question, if I get Strad and I already have GPO, will I already be halfway into GPOA?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

GPOA is going to be a lot more than just GPO+ a solo violin. You'll more likely see the Strad as a (very!) nice supplement to GPOA.

Go Back to forum