• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Trio #1, 4th Movement Revised

String Trio #1, 4th Movement Revised

I posted an earlier version of this but I've had a chance to refine it a bit, and also try and tweak the MIDI performance to make it a bit more musical, though a lot more could be done with it in that area. This will serve as a guide for the real trio that will hopefully record the piece once it's all finished. This will be the closing section... nothing groundbreaking here, I just wanted something nice, not horribly hard to play (though I suspect, hard enough) and very old fashioned.

Re: String Trio #1, 4th Movement Revised

I got the bad old "file not found" error.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

Yep, I'm trying to fix it...
    Got it. I think the filename was too long- had to change it!

Wow...I feel kind of cludgy in my string writing. The music is very well written, but it seems very dry...perhaps a bit more reverb just to soften it up a bit. I know that I fall into the other end of the spectrum...I tend to put the music in this lush room and go. A happy medium would do me good.

Anyway, I liked this alot, and I look forward to hearing more of this piece.

Prowland the posting Ninja

Fred, this is excellent!

Both the writing and the rendering.

Impressive musicality on the interpretation -- I listened through this several times, and was quite struck with the realism and nuance of the "playing".

This music is absolutely fantastic. I can't believe that I only hear this now, although, I am a bit behind in listening to the posted demos...so much music....so little time....... The writing is outstanding! I love your style. I could listen to this ALL day long . Bravo on a beautiful piece of music.

I have to agree with a previous poster about the "dryness" of the instruments. I think a bit of "distance" and space would make a huge difference. But that's my personal taste .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Wow, Louis, thanks!! I really appreciate that!! I just used the default reverb on the "wet preview" instruments. I was actually worried that it was too wet- but it's the wrong kind of wet, more like a hall and not like a room. I think I will go back and try for a wetter but more chamberesque sound.

I like it, Mr. Fred! My kind of music! You did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing it.

Larry G. Alexander

That's really high prrase coming from someone who has written so much great music! Thanks for listening, Mr. Larry! (See, we neanderthal rock-n-rollers are good for something )

Very pleasurable indeed!!! I do like your writing. A well put together classical style trio. Nice mix overall too.
    (The Nut )

Go Back to forum