• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "Rugrat Rag"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Rugrat Rag"

    All of y'all,

    Here is a re-visit to my "The Rugrat Rag". I originally posted it a couple of years ago. It is partial GPO.

    LGA

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/musicfiles1/TheRugratRag.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Larry,

    Very fun...as always. I always like the lightness of what you write. They always seem to be fast paced and full of life. Well done!! I was wondering if you ever posted something fully orchestral? Everthing I have heard involves a keyboard; piano, harpsichord, or organ. I would love to hear your lively, playfull music played by a string quartet, for example. Anyway, I liked this one, and I want to hear more of your work. It always gets me motivated either to write music or to get to the forum to see what you have written.

    Thank you for your music,
    Paul

    Prowland the posting Ninja

  3. #3

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowland
    Larry,

    Very fun...as always. I always like the lightness of what you write. They always seem to be fast paced and full of life. Well done!! I was wondering if you ever posted something fully orchestral? Everthing I have heard involves a keyboard; piano, harpsichord, or organ. I would love to hear your lively, playfull music played by a string quartet, for example. Anyway, I liked this one, and I want to hear more of your work. It always gets me motivated either to write music or to get to the forum to see what you have written.

    Thank you for your music,
    Thanks for listening, Mr. Paul.

    Yes, I have written many full-orchestra works. Some are in the archives if you care to look.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Ah, Larry, I always enjoy your ragtime...

    This is a kick!

    Loved it!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Ah, Larry, I always enjoy your ragtime...

    This is a kick!

    Loved it!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    This genre shows just how up-to-date I am.

    Thanks for listening, Mr. Dahveed.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Larry, you are the 21st century master of rag. Who knows, maybe your efforts will bring about a revival. This is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    All of y'all....
    Haven't heard that since I lived in Virginie. There it was more, "All y'all" . You Texans ever communicate with the Virginians?
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  7. #7

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    I don't know about you, but in my head, I see an old black and white movie speeded up to ludicrous speed, with an old 1929 Ford model A going about 70 miles per hour around street corners. Passengers are flinging out of the rumble seat and hanging on for dear life. Women in elegant dresses standing on the street corners watching all the silly action.
    Of course all the while being distracted by the scratches in the film, as it clicks frame by frame through the projector, rattling along as the arc begins to flicker.

    That was fun Larry!
    Dan

  8. #8

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Larry, you are the 21st century master of rag. Who knows, maybe your efforts will bring about a revival. This is great.
    Haven't heard that since I lived in Virginie. There it was more, "All y'all" . You Texans ever communicate with the Virginians?
    Bill
    We don't talk to Virginia folks because we can't understand whut they are sayin'.

    I'm pleased as punch that you liked this little thang.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Rugrat Rag"

    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I don't know about you, but in my head, I see an old black and white movie speeded up to ludicrous speed, with an old 1929 Ford model A going about 70 miles per hour around street corners. Passengers are flinging out of the rumble seat and hanging on for dear life. Women in elegant dresses standing on the street corners watching all the silly action.
    Of course all the while being distracted by the scratches in the film, as it clicks frame by frame through the projector, rattling along as the arc begins to flicker.

    That was fun Larry!
    Dan
    You have a vivid imagination, Mr. Dan. You need to take your medication as the doctor told you to do.

    Actually, the music is about a little kid ("Rugrat") crawling around on the floor. If you listen carefully, you can hear him say, "Ooh, ahh, ooh" from time to time. I did the "toddler" sound with an instrument called a "cuica".

    Thanks for listenin'.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •