• Register
  • Help

Topic: New directX drivers for Yammy DSPfactory available.

Share/Bookmark

New directX drivers for Yammy DSPfactory available.

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Re: New directX drivers for Yammy DSPfactory available.

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

On my system, the direct X drivers just made Gigasampler crash!

They work... Not always, but they work. Sometimes stereo, others mono, others through sblive, although DSPF driver is set as GS output... It´s a beta release ( BTW, only 1 stereo output can be set as DirX ). Anyway, Whatever experiences, oppinions and ideas are welcome on this.

regards

Fernando

I\'m running GS with the Yamaha DSPF and the DirectX Beta drivers. Although there is only a single stereo out and the latency is pretty high it does work quite well. If I can help feel free to email me.
    System = AMD K6-2 400, 128meg, dual Maxtor 4320\'s, Cakewalk PRO 9, Wavelab, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale:
    I\'m running GS with the Yamaha DSPF and the DirectX Beta drivers. Although there is only a single stereo out and the latency is pretty high it does work quite well. If I can help feel free to email me.
    System = AMD K6-2 400, 128meg, dual Maxtor 4320\'s, Cakewalk PRO 9, Wavelab, etc.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi!
    Your message is fairly old, but I try anyway. How did you do it? I mean how did you install the driver? I followed their read me file, but the DSPF outputs do not appear in my Gigasampler.
    Thanks
    Ondrej

When I installed my Soundscape Mixtreme card, my GigaSampler also crashed during program loading. I went a long way to find that it was Yamaha\'s problem - if I shut down the Yamaha driver, everything worked fine.

I tried hard to make them co-exist, and in the end I installed Yamaha\'s normal driver (the one that did not support direct x) and got everybody staying in one room.

I\'m purchasing my second Mixtreme card for Cakewalk, as the first one\'s for GigaStudio160. Mixtreme & DSP Fatory are about the same price, but with better sound quality and mixing flexibility. The reverb plug-ins are also much better. The only drawback is that Mixtreme doesn\'t support Cakewalk\'s AudioX. That\'s ok by me - and Soundscape says that they\'re gonna work on midi automation of the mixer program. Oh, by the way, 2 Mixtreme can share the same IRQ. That\'s what I need.

When I installed my Soundscape Mixtreme card, my GigaSampler also crashed during program loading. I went a long way to find that it was Yamaha\'s problem - if I shut down the Yamaha driver, everything worked fine.

I tried hard to make them co-exist, and in the end I installed Yamaha\'s normal driver (the one that did not support direct x) and got everybody staying in one room.

I\'m purchasing my second Mixtreme card for Cakewalk, as the first one\'s for GigaStudio160. Mixtreme & DSP Fatory are about the same price, but with better sound quality and mixing flexibility. The reverb plug-ins are also much better. The only drawback is that Mixtreme doesn\'t support Cakewalk\'s AudioX. That\'s ok by me - and Soundscape says that they\'re gonna work on midi automation of the mixer program. Oh, by the way, 2 Mixtreme can share the same IRQ. That\'s what I need.

Go Back to forum