• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installed my Trilogy also on my new MacBookPro but I don't see it

Share/Bookmark

Angry Installed my Trilogy also on my new MacBookPro but I don't see it

I purchased my new MacBookPro (Osx 10.4.5), and I installed my Logic Host program (all is nice) and my VI plugs. I began with Trilogy but Logic doesn't see it. I cheked all directories positions of Trilogy files in MacBookPro and they all correspond to the G5 directories locations, so, Why on MacBook Logic doesn't see it?
    What I am missing?
    Thanks
    Fulvio

Re: Installed my Trilogy also on my new MacBookPro but I don't see it

1) are you using a Universal Binary version of Logic?
    2) Trilogy is not yet a universal binary, so -at best- it might work only under Rosetta emulation on the MacBookPro
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mnstudio
    Why on MacBook Logic doesn't see it?
    What I am missing?
    Did you ever think of reading the compatibility statement from Spectrasonics, from their website ?

Poor guy...

1) are you using a Universal Binary version of Logic?
    2) Trilogy is not yet a universal binary, so -at best- it might work only under Rosetta emulation on the MacBookPro
    I'm using Logic 7.2. I think it's universal binary. I see. What is Rosetta emulation? And where I can find it?
    Thanks

Rosetta emulation is what OSX does in the background on Mac Intel processors to act like it's a native application.

Intel macs are really a whole new computer platform...they only act like a Mac. :-)

You can't use any non-Universal binary plug-ins with Logic 7.2 on Intel macs. So forget the rosetta emulation entirely.

Rosetta emulation is what OSX does in the background on Mac Intel processors to act like it's a native application.

Intel macs are really a whole new computer platform...they only act like a Mac. :-)

You can't use any non-Universal binary plug-ins with Logic 7.2 on Intel macs. So forget the rosetta emulation entirely.
    So when will it be released an INTEL-BASED MAC SYSTEMS version of Trilogy and Stylus RMX?

Quote Originally Posted by mnstudio
    So when will it be released an INTEL-BASED MAC SYSTEMS version of Trilogy and Stylus RMX?
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/in...trasonics.html
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Go Back to forum