• Register
  • Help

Topic: Terratec EWS 88 MT

Share/Bookmark

Terratec EWS 88 MT

The 88 MT has 8 AD in and 8 DA out that don\'t seem to work with GS, but it also has a monitor out that uses directX (plus MIDI in/out). The soundcard runs fine most of the time, but GS says it\'s using one of the DA output-pairs when it\'s really using the monitor out. Strange but true, everything else runs stereo only GS comes out mono?????
    Emagics Micrologic that comes bundled with the soundcard in a \'special edition\' has the special \'feature\' that it somehow blocks all midi traffic other than it\'s own and dosn\'t support the GS endless-wave thing. I\'m also using a PC Midi Flyer(it\'s also possible that I\'m not handling Micrologic right - I just can\'t find the midi settings anywhere). By the way, which sequencer do you guys \'n\' girls suggest I use when running GS plus the sequencer on the same computer?

Thanks for any kind input. This card would be great if it supported GS on all channels, I have GS LE so I can\'t try it out.

Re: Terratec EWS 88 MT

Peter, I use and recommend Cakewalk 8.04 for sequencing Giga on the same PC. Cakewalk works great with Giga and I have yet to max out on tracks using a PII 350. This is without any real time effects I must add! I use the Yamaha Soundcrown aaudio card and I generally sequence all of my Giga tracks first and then convert them to audio tracks. Once I am satisfied That Giga is no longer needed for a particular project I archive the Giga MIDI tracks and turn Giga off. Cakewalk allows me to unarchive tracks at my discretion but while in the archived state these tracks do not occupy valuable CPU resources. Then the vocals fun begins!

Peace

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Thanks for the info, guys!
    Does anyone have some comments on working with cubase VST24 or Logic Platinum and GS on one computer?

P

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Go Back to forum