• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Who wants Boomwhackers?

Cool Who wants Boomwhackers?

I'd just like to guage interest in a possible Boomwhacker library for Kontakt 2.

I'm making my own, because I'm not happy with the DS set (they only have hits on one surface, and only used the Boomwhackers without the oktavator caps on, so that a whole octave is missing), and there's nothing else out there. I would probably only be doing it for Kontakt 2, since I don't know the GS editor yet, so you'd need to own Kontakt.

I'd like to know about potential interest, so that I can decide whether it's worth buying advertising space here when I'm done. If you are interested please feel free to also suggest articulations/effects you'd like, and surfaces you'd like to here Boomwhackers whacked on. I've only just started recording, so I'm open to suggestions.

San Francisco

Re: Who wants Boomwhackers?

umm... what's a Boomwhacker?

Quote Originally Posted by jloeb
    umm... what's a Boomwhacker?
    Thats what I thought to

I like the word - Sounds like a cartoon sound effect for firecrackers. But serious...

Gimme BOOMWHACKERS, lot's of em!
    Don't forget to program some clever "boom" scripts.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

HI, my name is Frank...and i'm a boomwaker....

lol ok...

well - I like whacky... But I doubt its something I would buy unless a client said "Gimme BOOMWHACKERS, and lot's of em!" - I haven't had one of those yet.

British Columbia, Canada

My dad is a music school teacher, and he says the kids love to whack those things on the floor.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!

I'd definitely be interested, and my friend Eric is writing a trumpet concerto that calls for boomwhackers, but he can't find them anywhere (he even tried using plumbing tubes or something?). Very cool sound though!
    Wilbert Roget, II

I like saying "boomwhacker." It's almost as much fun as saying "sackbut."
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I'd love to get my hands on some bum--I mean BOOM whacker samples. I think they could move commercially if the library was well recorded and in the $20-25 range.

I actually have an ongoing project that I would use them in.

Damon Sink
    G5 Dual 2 GHz, P4 3.8GHz, Logic Pro 7, Digital Performer, EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP, VSL, Kontakt2, Finale

Go Back to forum