• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Kontakt 2?

GPO and Kontakt 2?

I seem to remember back a while ago that GPO would not work with Kontakt 2 (full version). I know there have been a couple of updates to the player, and I suppose that the problem has been fixed. I just wanted to make sure before recommending it to someone who has a Mac and this Kontakt. Yes? No? Sometimes? Only on cloudy days when the temperature is above 50º and the computer is running on a full tank of gas?

Re: GPO and Kontakt 2?

I produce everything that I write using GPO, Sonar and Kontakt 2 full version.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

I thought so, Just checking. I was asked today, but had a senior moment. Thanks Larry.

The only thing you have to watch our for are the settings contained in txt. files for each instrument.

The Kontakt player reads these text files, but Kontakt 2 doesn't, so you need to manually enter these values.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Ah ha! Thanks Richard.
    Does this also apply to JABB?

The Hurricane place

Odd, I have had nothing but pops when trying GPO instruments(happens with mod wheel movement) in Kontakt 2. Both updated to the latest versions.
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum