• Register
  • Help

Topic: Still shaking my head...

Share/Bookmark

Still shaking my head...

I should know better by now - really, I should...

I mean come on, I'm the guy who keeps bragging about how well-matched GPO and Finale are.....

So, it shouldn't surprise me when I sit down to begin work on bringing a forgotton 19th century Symphony to life, press play and...

PRESTO!

It sounds pretty darn close to real...

freaky, scary, real.

so now I only wonder whether to thank Mr. G or to yell at him for all of the sleep I'm losing!

I'm learning so much more about orchestration and composition by studying scores this way... it is a revelation....

So (although it's been said before) I tip my virtual baseball cap to Mr. G (I look goofy in a fedora) and his favorite phone answerer (who very kindly spoke with me on the phone the other day as we sorted out some order snafus) and say a big THANK YOU for inspiring us all...

You deserve all good things for your vision, kindness and generosity!

<bows>

Re: Still shaking my head...

Plenty of good reasons to thank Mr. G, I agree on that, but don't forget to thank Monsieur P. as well (whereby I assume you're using HP). He put a lot of hard programming work into this, and I suspect, he doesn't always get the credit, he deserves.

So, I'll join you with a: Thank you Mr.'s G & P

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    So (although it's been said before) I tip my virtual baseball cap to Mr. G (I look goofy in a fedora) and his favorite phone answerer (who very kindly spoke with me on the phone the other day as we sorted out some order snafus) and say a big THANK YOU for inspiring us all...
    That phone answerer was most likely Mrs. G. She is definitely a gem, and the hero that makes things work within the Garritan Enterprise. A more delightful and hard-working person there is not. Talk about people who don't get enough credit, It's Marianne's patient attention to so many details, that allows Gary to blossom with the creativity he does.

Thanks Mrs. G. for being the person you are, and for keeping Gary afloat.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett

Thanks Mrs. G. for being the person you are, and for keeping Gary afloat.

Karl
    That is so true, she is a great example of a loving helpmate!

Thank you Marianne!!!

Dan

Yeah but can she bake a coconut cream pie?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum