• Register
  • Help

Topic: Here's a little experiment...

Share/Bookmark

Here's a little experiment...

Feels good to be back! I've been a little busy lately - but it feels great to be posting again haha.

Well, this afternoon I was playing a really long note with garritan, and it reminded me of gladiator for some reason. So I got out the score (Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrald) and had a stab at doing something like that.

It's a start anyway. I wanted to see what you all thought before I got too carried away:

my voice + garritan. 2 hours work so far.

Dust

-Chris

Re: Here's a little experiment...

Nice voice!

This is a bit creepy actually... not the music, but the fact that just about a half hour ago I was listening to the Gladiator soundtrack...

With the soundtrack on the edge of my memory, I can honestly say you did a great job! To be quite honest, a male voice does not have quite the same effect as a female voice. But you definitely captured that Hans Zimmer sound! This sounds wonderfully professional, as if it were pulled right off a real film soundtrack.

Excellent work, this is very promising! I hope you continue this piece!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Nice one Chris! Love da voice!

More of it please - it was just beginning to heat up
    Jon

C'mon now, Chris... lol -- don't just bait us with a great start-up like this!

Sounds great, very promising beginning that really captures the ear.

Now go finish it for us!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow, haunting sound for sure!!! Sounds superb to me. You must finish it. I think it leads up to an actual solo voice work.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Aw. Chris. You can't do that, man. More!!!!!

I'm curious as to how you processed your voice and what sound you used for that long note at the beginning.

Please, can I have more?

Don
    www.doncleary.com

Thanks guys!! I was a little worried people might think it's just some kid singing out of tune or something. I'm working on it, as soon as I can I'll give you more!

In terms of voice processing, it's just reverb (wunderverb3). As for that long note at the beginning I used a free plugin called "wollo drone".

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHurn
    Thanks guys!! I was a little worried people might think it's just some kid singing out of tune or something. I'm working on it, as soon as I can I'll give you more!

In terms of voice processing, it's just reverb (wunderverb3). As for that long note at the beginning I used a free plugin called "wollo drone".

-Chris
    Very, very impressive. I am anxious to hear how you round it out.

Go Back to forum