• Register
  • Help

Topic: California Driving

California Redwoods

California Driving

Want some adventure and excitement in your life? Try a short drive on California roads. Good, paid up insurance a prerequisite. The roads here look like after the war movies -- split level lanes, pot holes to lose your car in, hill and cliffs splattered across the roadway, drivers who have no problems with pelting rain, fog, sleet, snow or ice, and who brake only to avoid unplanned contact with a brick wall, or when (if) arriving at the destination.

California Driving

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO Steinway.

Not exactly easy to play, but fun to listen to (bit of bias, don't you think?).

Re: California Driving

Well, I am completely blown away.
    Definitely not fahr'n, fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn.
    I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the drive. You are kicking some serious ~~~, King Richard.

Wow! I'm checking my brake fluid and tire pressure after that one!

Excellent work!

Richard -

Normally when I "surf the web" I'm at work. (Long story, but every so often I DO have spare time to "surf the web" at work ) The computers at work do not allow me to download the Syllabus (sp?) file to read and listen to your compositions.

But I am home, tonight. And I have a little "spare time" to surf the web!

And I down-loaded the Syllabus program to hear your work.

Really nice work, Richard! I wish that the computers at work would allow me to use the Syllabus programs to hear your compositions!!

I enjoyed the listened. It was cool reading your composition while listening to it!!

I'm also a bit afraid to drive in California! LOL!

Thank you for sharing your works! I am glad that I finally had the chance to listen . . . .

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Wine Country, Colorado

Another wonderfully qwerky piece, Richard. Enjoyed it a lot. Reminds me of my California driving days. One thing I could never come to terms with...you can drive on the most remote road leading to nowhere for hours on end and when you arrive in nowhere land, there are people there.
    Great work.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Yee-hah! Haven't driven in LA in decades. I am now suitably convinced to continue not doing so... lol.

Classic Wayland, great piece, Richard. The one comment I might make is that I think it should go faster. Much faster. So fast -- for sake of mercy, you know-- that you never see the semi that hit you...

All my best,

Go Back to forum