• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontact or Giga?

Share/Bookmark

Question Kontakt or Giga?

At present, all of my libraries - GPO, Miroslav, EWQL Gold - are bundled with an OEM sampler. I'm considering purchasing a dedicated sampler to gain access to all of the other great stuff out there, but it's tempting to stay the course and stick with bundled-ware.

What are the pros and cons between Gigastudio and Kontakt 2? Available libraries for each respective platform and ease of use are the two biggest factors for me. Also, I know that I am being really lazy here, but can each sampler be used across PC and Mac platforms? I would like to switch to a Mac ASAMP - as money permits.

Thanks, in advance.

harleg

Re: Kontact or Giga?

Kevlar ...

Ernie

you can use Giga on both mac and pc as long as you don't use it on mac. so, by your stated preferences, your only choice is kontakt.

Why using a Mac?
    It's driving like a car on 10 % of the available roads!

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Why using a Mac?

LOL.....

harleg
    At present, all of my libraries - GPO, Miroslav, EWQL Gold - are bundled with an OEM sampler. I'm considering purchasing a dedicated sampler to gain access to all of the other great stuff out there, but it's tempting to stay the course and stick with bundled-ware.
    It looks like kontack is right for you, you can use it as a VST in your sequencer. Also GIGA is coming out in VST soon, so you'll be able to use every thing in the comfort of your sequencer in the near future

geronimo.

Konnnnnttttaaaaakkktttttt!!!!

Kontakt 2, no question. In addition to being able to open virtually every format sound library (as opposed to Giga 3, which can only open the native format), two of the sample libraries you mentioned (GPO and EWQL Gold) use the Kompakt player. Which means you could seamlessly use the more powerful K2 as your sampler of those patches, mixing and matching as you please within a single interface, instead of having multiple instances of the Kompakt player open.

Cool Re: Kontact or Giga?

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Why using a Mac?

Formula One cars are not legal on most roads;-)

I've been involved with PCs since 1975; programming, engineering, graphic arts, you-name-it. Used a 16 Mz Mac back in the 90's for a couple of years when PCs were running in the 75 Mz range. Once you've tasted a Mac, you never go back - or at least want to. The switch from Power PC to Intel Chips was the impetus to build my present PC for temporary use!

Macs make me want to hug someone. PCs make me want to go buy a high-powered deer rifle at the local K-Mart.

harleg

Thumbs up Re: Kontact or Giga?

Quote Originally Posted by scadh1
    ...two of the sample libraries you mentioned (GPO and EWQL Gold) use the Kompakt player. Which means you could seamlessly use the more powerful K2 as your sampler of those patches, mixing and matching as you please within a single interface, instead of having multiple instances of the Kompakt player open.
    Solid point. Never even crossed my mind.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Also GIGA is coming out in VST soon, so you'll be able to use every thing in the comfort of your sequencer in the near future
    That will be sweet... unless there is no future.

Thanks.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast