• Register
  • Help

Topic: What Seqencer to use in Gigasampler 1.6

Share/Bookmark

What Seqencer to use in Gigasampler 1.6

I want to ask somebody what seqencerprogram I must use in Gigasampler 1.6 , to play a ( *. mid ) with the samples of Gigasampler , and how this works ?

Thanks......Edwin

Re: What Seqencer to use in Gigasampler 1.6

Mr Ed

Everyone on this site should know of my complete unbiased, non commital approach when suggesting Cakewalk...

This subject comes up a lot and like a lemming I am always drawn to answer it.

My best advice would be to get demo\'s of ALL the big three...

1. Cakwalk
    2. Phewbase
    3. Tragic... sorry I meant Logic

Have a play with them and see what interface you find pleasing to work with.. They all do more or less the same thing but each one has a little \"something\" that appeals to different personalities..

Hippy trendy doods use cubase. Clever trainspotting types with a zest for detail use Logic and talented musicians use Cakewalk.

Hope this helps

KIA

KIA is right,
    If you plan to do a lot of Giga related stuff. Then Cakewalk is the way to go.

a) it\'s the only sequencer that actually plays in time,

b) and it\'s the only one that doesn\'t crash when you run other programs alongside.

You should get the new Cakewalk 9.0, I believe it\'s very good value for money, and ridiculously stable compared to Crapbase and Illogic.

KIA, by the way, I know you work in Distribution etc in the UK, I heard a rumour that Layla\'s are going for £99 in Sutekina in London. When I phoned up, they said £279.

Either way, does the picture seem a bit weird to you? I mean, everyone else has the Gina at £369, how can the Layla be £99 or £279 for that matter?

Too good to be true methinks.

Bob

DON\'T KNOW ABOUT THE PRICE OF LAYLAS IN LONDON BUT I AM ASSUMING THAT THE SYMBOL YOU USED BEFORE 99 REPRESENTS POUNDS. HERE IN ATLANTA GEORGIA I RECENTLY SAW LAYLAS GOING FOR $499 AND LEXICON STUDIO GOING FOR $599.
    MAYBE THESE CARD MANUFACTURERS ARE GIVING US A BREAK FOR A CHANGE.

Bob

My only assumption is that Sutekina (Which is owned now by Rose Morris who live next door) would have bought out the existing stock of Key Audio (who used to be the distributors of Event in the UK) who went bust earlier this year and split off into a new company called Hand-In-Hand music.

The other alternative is that with Key Audio going bye-bye, Sutekina don\'t owe any money and have stock of the Layla to do with as they will.

Either way, I think this represents the best option for the customer.. bear in mind that stock could either be 5 or 6 or if they bought all the rest of Key Audios stock up at a liquidation price, they may have about 50 or more..

Hope this helps Bob..

KIA

Go Back to forum