• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: So, how am I doing?

Orcas Island

So, how am I doing?

I remember when I was living in New York you would often see Mayor Koch waving at everybody and hailing passers by, not with a typical greeting, but with: "How am I doing?" I love the approach Ed Koch took and he genuinely cared about serving people.

When the former mayor would routinely walk the city streets and in his trademark manner say "Hi. I'm Mayor Ed Koch. How am I doing?" it was hard not to respond favorably to such an attitude. Mayor Koch became one of the most beloved politicians in the city (although he was not without his detractors).

The mayor knew that by asking this, he not only extended a gesture of respect and consideration for the people he served, but he walked away with some helpful feedback and good advice to enhance his service.

So, since I am strolling the cyberstreets of this fine community I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask the question. And perhaps I should ask this often as the colorful mayor of NYC did.

So, today, I pose this question, not just for me but the benefit of all of us. Here it is....

"So how am I doing??"

Re: So, how am I doing?

You are doing MARVELOUS!

Your fun and giving spirit makes this a nice forum, your tools are easy to use and capable of producing wonderful music.... your lovely wife is a great teammate also, keeping the phones and orders running smoothly!

Would that other companies could see the value of selling product at a lower price and making money off of VOLUME instead of absurd prices... of making fine tools available to a wider range of people.

You have added value to so many lives - I for one have written more music (of diverse styles) in the last 6 months than in the past 2 YEARS.

My only gripe is that because of GPO (and now JaBB) I have lost countless hours of sleep playing with my new toys

I (and the rest of this fine community) await GPOA and the other new tools you are developing with barely controlled impatience... only held at bay by knowing you want it RIGHT before you release it...

Bravo, my friend - you deserve all good things for your kindness and genrosity!

Your doing brilliantly!

I can't tell you how much GPO and this forum have taught me. Not only have you created a remarkable product with a remarkable price, but you have cultivated one of the best communities on the web, which you can't put a price on.

Great work! Keep it up! Woohoo!!

I'm glad to be part of it... the future only gets better...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

San Francisco Bay Area

ummm gpoa....heh
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Mr. G,
    You're doing excellently. You're doing amazing things. Not only are you making miracles everyday through the technology that you've brought to us, but you're doing something that very few can do....you're bringing thousands of people together to form one big extended family. All of us in this family don't care what race or religion or , handicap, skill levels, education etc. the others may have, we all speak with music as our voice. We speak as friends, as family. I know that my life has been enriched in so many ways since I've found this forum. I'm sure that others feel the same way too. Ever thought of being the head of the U.N.?

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: So, how am I doing?

What can we possibly say to one who has shown so much interest in the growth, education, and advancement of so many other with so much passion?
    Break open the Champaign people!
    You're doing fine Mr. Garritan ... Just fine!

You have done reasonably well so far as Mayor of Garritania.
    But for the record, I didn't vote for you.

I voted for NMB.

Sighs.......maybe next time...........

regards Joe

I only hope that you're taking care of yourself, as well as you're taking care of us.

Mayor Garritan:

If it weren't for you, a lot of musicians wouldn't have been able to express their music through the music-computer medium. For that, and for the opportunity of being able to do it for a nominal entry fee, WE APPLAUD YOU (that means you're doin' great).

Thank you Gary. After all of my schooling and experience in music, I'm learning how to be a recording engineer. I've learned Ya gotta be both in this business.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

You are loved and appreciated by so many Gary.
    To be responsible for the amazing amount of friendships that have blossomed from your products is just awesome!

Thank you for asking

Go Back to forum