• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deadline for March / April Composer Channel shows

Share/Bookmark

Deadline for March / April Composer Channel shows

Hey, guys.

I'll be going back into the studio with Deirdre on Saturday, April 1st (no joke!), to record two new one hour shows for the Composer Channel. If you haven't already, be sure to put links to your mp3 files in the "new music for Composer Channel Shows" thread, along with any bio and song description stuff you'd like her to know about:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43588

I've given Deirdre complete artistic control over how she wants to do her shows, so she'll will be selecting the songs for each hour, based on whatever theme she decides to use for a given show. This recording session is for the March & April shows, and after that we'll be doing a new show every month, so if we have more music than we can use for these two shows, we'll just save 'em up for the next month.

We'll let you know when the new shows are on the air!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Deadline for March / April Composer Channel shows

I've given Deirdre complete artistic control over how she wants to do her shows,
    Oh no! That means I'll have to bring an extra pair of pants to work from now on. When she gets going with the humor, I can't stop laughing!
    This is awesome news Chris! So happy to hear the station will continue with the same personalities. Of course, if you ever need some shlapschtick ...
    Styxx

is there a "size limit" to the works you take for this radio show?
    I mean, I'd be happy to share my symphony, but it's a solid 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    is there a "size limit" to the works you take for this radio show?
    I mean, I'd be happy to share my symphony, but it's a solid 30 minutes.
    There used to be a 5 minute limit, but we're going to be a bit more flexible this time around. However, 30 minutes might be a bit on the long side as it would mean room for fewer people. Might it perhaps be something you could submit in individual movements?
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Question Re: Deadline for March / April Composer Channel shows

Chris, I noticed one does not get the schedule or list of composers at present. Is this to say for all intent and purpose programming is starting from scratch?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    There used to be a 5 minute limit, but we're going to be a bit more flexible this time around. However, 30 minutes might be a bit on the long side as it would mean room for fewer people. Might it perhaps be something you could submit in individual movements?
    sadly, no single movement is anywhere near 5 minutes. the shortest movement is I believe 7 minutes (and the 3rd and 4th are a single file lasting 14 minutes). Oh well, maybe in a few months I'll have something more suitable.
    5-minute long orchestral pieces are actually a hard sell... they're often considered not worth an orchestra's rehearsal time.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    sadly, no single movement is anywhere near 5 minutes. the shortest movement is I believe 7 minutes (and the 3rd and 4th are a single file lasting 14 minutes). Oh well, maybe in a few months I'll have something more suitable.
    5-minute long orchestral pieces are actually a hard sell... they're often considered not worth an orchestra's rehearsal time.
    7 minutes is close enough for rock & roll. Or, er, you know, whatever musical style floats your boat.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Chris, I noticed one does not get the schedule or list of composers at present. Is this to say for all intent and purpose programming is starting from scratch?
    Thanks for the heads up, man. Something had crashed on the hosting side that they had to reset - schedule & composers are back up now. Computers...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum