• Register
  • Help

Topic: Machines and Flowers

Machines and Flowers

Machines and Flowers

Length: 5m2s
    Size: 10mb
    Bitrate: 256kbit

"From the brutal, pounding rhythms of a machine room, the subject follows an exit into an idyllic field of flowers. A little exploration, however, reveals a perhaps unexpected relationship -- that the flowers themselves are the very result and purpose of the machines' creation."

Hope you like it, and I'd appreciate any GPO tips.

- Tucker

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Machines and Flowers

Very interesting. When I read the word "Machines" I thought, here's something that might have some heavy percussion depicting say like the slamming of a metal shears or whirling of drill presses or the thank tank bang of a turret lathe? Don't mind me, I'm just an ex-machine shop union worker from the early seventies. Still, would have loved to hear some obnoxious pounding percussion.
    Other than my premature supposition, I can say I love the strings! The trading off of the theme is awesomely effective. Nice transition to "Flowers"!

Re: Machines and Flowers

Hi Tucker

This was a most interesting journey, and a very exciting piece of music. My compliments! Thank you for letting us listen.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Hey, thanks for the encouragement guys!

Styxx, sorry, but no percussion. Next time I'll sample our structures and materials testing lab. A 600,000 lb capacity Universal Testing Machine crushing a concrete cylinder = a nice drum.

- Tucker

Nice job on this, Tucker; and an interesting initial premise.

I especially liked the "flowers" section... good woodwind writing!

Go Back to forum