• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aardvard Direct Pro

Share/Bookmark

Aardvard Direct Pro

I know from previous posts that several people have had problems with Aardvark cards and driver support. Has anybody tried using the new Direct Pro 24/96 with Giga, even though it is no longer listed as a compatible card by Nemesys?

Re: Aardvard Direct Pro

Current status: Aardvark engineers have requested GSIF from NemeSys and are presumably hard at work getting the hooks written for the Direct Pro. Aardvark had been planning for Nemesys to adapt the proprietary 24 bit Aardvark driver (as had been done for the 20/20), but Nemesys has GigaStudio as a first priority.

After the (unfair, IMHO) beating Aardvark took on this forum, I think they will be redoubling their efforts to appease the GS crowd.

Joe Hardy

Thanks for the info jphardy. I really like my Direct Pro so far, and I just ordered Gigasampler, so I\'m hoping they will work together.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:
    I know from previous posts that several people have had problems with Aardvark cards and driver support. Has anybody tried using the new Direct Pro 24/96 with Giga, even though it is no longer listed as a compatible card by Nemesys?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just bought a 2496 and Gigasampler and it arrived Saturday. I had misread some web literature that the DirectPro 2496 supports GSIF but actually it was the DirectPro.

AFter fighting with it for several hours I found and ran the gsdiag program which said that the 2496\'s drivers did not map to Gigasampler. That\'s when it dawned on me that I misread some of the literature.

In the end I just took the SPDI/F output from my SB Live into the 2496 and it works. Very well. I\'ve never heard a piano like that before!!!!

Go Back to forum