• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 says "no strad files!"?

Share/Bookmark

K2 says "no strad files!"?

I guess that title says it all.
    Styxx

Re: K2 says "no strad files!"?

Did you rebuild the database after installing the strad? You'll get file not found error messages if you don't.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Did you rebuild the database after installing the strad? You'll get file not found error messages if you don't.

Jim
    Rebuild the database? You mean I have to build something to make this work? Wasn't the house built before it was sold or were the new home owners carpenters?
    Sorry, I haven't a clue as to what you mean by building the database.
    Styxx

Styxx,

You really need to read the K2 manual as the database is covered on pages 76-84. Rebuilding the database is on page 78. This will fix the file not found error with the strad and all other K2 libraries. Also, once the instrument loads, then save it so it doesn't have to search in the future.

Jim

Styxx,

You really need to read the K2 manual as the database is covered on pages 76-84. Rebuilding the database is on page 78. This will fix the file not found error with the strad and all other K2 libraries. Also, once the instrument loads, then save it so it doesn't have to search in the future.

Jim
    Hehehehehe, ya think? Jim, I haven't gotten that far yet in the manual. Will do tonight. I did manage to load the Strad in K2 last night but was unable to set up my keyboard on any slider for cc11. It was driving me crazy referring to the Edirol manual, executing step by step, saving and voila! Nothing. Well, I'll have to find a way to get another controller soon.
    Styxx

I had to setup an Edirol keyboard a few years ago at NAMM without the manual. It was not fun. Was missing the computer software disc but was able to dig one up. I then did all the setup from the computer and then sent it to the keyboard. I saved the settings on the computer and then had to send it the settings each day before doing anything else. For some reason it wouldn't remember the settings from the day before. Sounds like the same issue you've been having with the Edirol.

Jim

I had to setup an Edirol keyboard a few years ago at NAMM without the manual. It was not fun. Was missing the computer software disc but was able to dig one up. I then did all the setup from the computer and then sent it to the keyboard. I saved the settings on the computer and then had to send it the settings each day before doing anything else. For some reason it wouldn't remember the settings from the day before. Sounds like the same issue you've been having with the Edirol.

Jim
    Yes, exactly ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum