• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Lord, I Come

Share/Bookmark

Lord, I Come

Got a bit more time on my hands at the moment -- just got let go from my R&D management job of 19 years, due to a "shift in business focus." Anyway, this is a contemporary Christian song about repentance. Orchestrated with GPO. Enjoy-

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=311132&T=2901

Jim

P.S. I apologize in advance for a little bit of clipping (just noticed it). I did this rough mix late last night, and it needs a little attention.

Re: Lord, I Come

Nicely done, Jim.

Well arranged and rendered.

For my ear, I think perhaps slightly more reverb [rare that I say that!] might be something to try on this piece, especially on the strings. The writing is so smoothly done... it might bring out the inherent sweep of the arrangement a bit more.

Good job on this!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Sorry not to see more comments on this....

Mebbe a diverse board like this is not as willing to comment on or listen to religious music... that would be a shame, since this is nicely orchestrated, and the vocals are good, too!

I'm with etLux - I think a touch (just a touch) more reverb might be in order...

I'd make som comments about lyrics, too, but that heads off into theology - something I think we try to avoid here on this board LOL

If you want to discuss that aspect privately, I'd be happy to correspond via PM or email me at jonathanorwig (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Best wishes for finding new employment!

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Sorry not to see more comments on this....

Mebbe a diverse board like this is not as willing to comment on or listen to religious music...
    You mean, like J.S. Bach?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll definitely try a little more reverb here. I'm always hesitant when adding reverb, don't want to add too much, and there's always a fine line between "just right" and "too much."

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    You mean, like J.S. Bach?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Heh...

I think you know what I mean

On a public board such as this, there are a WIDE variety of beliefs and opinions - I don't have ANY problem discussing the MUSICAL aspects of religious music here, but I think once the discussion turns to lyrics (and in a Contemporary Christian piece, that means I'll be discussing theology!) I am leaving the main focus of this board, which is the use and showcase of Garritan products.

Having said that, forum members might be shocked to know Mr. G has been the subject of a weekly sermon:

OK, I took the suggestions and added some more reverb to the strings. Made them more lush-sounding. Definitely better. I also improved the overall sound of the mix, got rid of the little bit of clipping, too. Much better.

The original link will take you to the new mix-

Jim

Having said that, forum members might be shocked to know Mr. G has been the subject of a weekly sermon:

HA!!

Mebbe a diverse board like this is not as willing to comment on or listen to religious music... that would be a shame, since this is nicely orchestrated, and the vocals are good, too!
    giwro_jon, we have listened to religious music in the past on this forum. DPDan's Alibaster Box and others come to mind. We don't necessarily shy away from religion or politics. Music has always been the highest form of religious expression and worship throughout the ages.

End of today's sermon!

mistahamma,

Excellent work. You did an outstanding job with the arrangement and the orchestration.

I agree with etLux that some more reverb is needed. Also, the use of the sustain pedal for legato mode may also help in more areas. You may also want to layer some solo strings so they weave in an out (but barely perceptable). This may make the orchestration shime more than it does already.

Thanks for sharing this mistahamma. Hopefully the closing of one door in your professional life will lead to the opening of another.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    giwro_jon, we have listened to religious music in the past on this forum. DPDan's Alibaster Box and others come to mind. We don't necessarily shy away from religion or politics. Music has always been the highest form of religious expression and worship throughout the ages.
    Glad to hear it...

I always try to be extra sensitive about the content of my postings until I get a "feel" for a particular board.

So far, my time here has been very pleasant, and everyone has been respectful of each other's differences and beliefs - that's rare on forums (I'm sure you know!)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast