Free trumpet pedal tones!

NOTICE: OK, they are good to go!

Royalty-free trumpet pedal tones, get them here:
    http://www.richtervon.com

Info:
    chromatically sampled
    looped sustain
    one dynamic layer (f)
    giga format (easily translated into anything else)

I map these below my normal trumpet patch for easy availability. They are already mapped to the correct octave. They are useful as a special effect, good for clusters and so on.

The solo stopped horn is also now a working download.

Stopped horn info:
    sampled every 3 notes
    medium sustain
    one dynamic layer (ff)
    giga format (easily translated into anything else)

Thanks to http://www.rekkerd.org for hosting these!

Let me know if you find these useful.

Re: Free trumpet pedal tones!

thanks... trying them out now..

Thank you very much, I 'm testing the stopped horn : it goes a sixth lower than the X sample one and it is more brassy.

I used to play the french horn years ago but I didn't know that it was possible to play such stopped notes in the lower range : are they stretched ?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Richter
    NOTICE: OK, they are good to go!

The solo stopped horn is also now a working download.

Stopped horn info:
    sampled every 3 notes
    Sorry I didn't read carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Sicmu
    I used to play the french horn years ago but I didn't know that it was possible to play such stopped notes in the lower range : are they stretched ?
    No, the lowest mapped note is only one half-step lower than the actual pitch of the sample, so rest assured, they really are being stopped that low. The practical low range of stopped notes depends on a combination of player skill, technique, and the type of horn.

I'm tuning a soft muted horn now, I'm not sure how well it will turn out.

Cool! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicmu
    it goes a sixth lower than the X sample one and it is more brassy.
    Sicmu,
    There is also a 3rd stopped horn option you can hunt down. It is on Kurzweil's ftp site. I think the file name was something like "FRHRNMUTE" or something similar. It is in .krz format, but you can translate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Richter
    Sicmu,
    There is also a 3rd stopped horn option you can hunt down. It is on Kurzweil's ftp site. I think the file name was something like "FRHRNMUTE" or something similar. It is in .krz format, but you can translate it.
    Got it thank you, I didn't know this source of samples, cool...

BTW do you know if stacc are available for stopped solo horn ? It's very useful but even X sample omitted it.

Sicmu,
    Believe me, if there were staccato stopped tones I would use them!Sometimes you can "get by" with a brassy trumpet harmon mute sample.

PS
    On the Kurzweil ftp, there is a lot of crap, but a few gems, especially the nice assortment of trombone mutes. You should pick up the harmon, bucket, straight and cup mute patches. The bucket is the coolest. The tuba forte sustain isn't half bad either, just limited in range. There is a gorgeous solo trumpet, which sadly has a crappy swell on every note. What I do is make a lowpass filter gradually clamp down as the swell increases. The great solo cello has floated around the net for years in various soundfonts.

Go Back to forum