• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: At my wits end.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down At my wits end.

I cannot for the life of me get this stupid kontakt 2 to fit properly! The view is too big I cannot read the lower portion of the screen nor the right portion! I've tried the options, interface and changed all the pixels lower with no results.
    Any clue? Anyone please?
    Styxx

Re: At my wits end.

I'm not sure what you are missing, but there is a "view" option at the top of the screen which allows different size screens. I hope this is useful.
    Dave Deal
    David C. Deal, Ph.D.
    http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=16965
    Pentium 3.0 Ghz, Cubase SX3, Kontact 2, Motu 2488, Korg Trinity, OW1 and "stuff"

Thanks. The view option is set to smallest. Regardless of any setting the view is the same. Small, medium, large the view is the same. I have two flat screen monitors 15" and the player covers one, into a third of the other and the bottom of the player where the keyboard shows is beyond the bottom of the monitor screen. No matter how I set up the monitors the player view remains the same. I suppose NI takes it for granted everyone has a 52” Flat screen LCD HD Monitor!
    I think I am going to write a nasty email to NI.
    Styxx

If you click the Options button you can set your own size (in pixels) for each of the small/mid/big sizes in the Interface section.

Post Re: At my wits end.

Styxx,
    If I run K2 w/o a host I can move the screen to a workable position. If I use DP as my host I lose the bottom of my K2 screen. Can't seem to fix it.
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

Styxx, have you ever tried to contact them via phone? I've had a problem registering NI software online - tried it for hours and spent some times in writing mails and that forum stuff. The phonecall solved the problem in a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Thanks. The view option is set to smallest. Regardless of any setting the view is the same. Small, medium, large the view is the same. I have two flat screen monitors 15" and the player covers one, into a third of the other and the bottom of the player where the keyboard shows is beyond the bottom of the monitor screen. No matter how I set up the monitors the player view remains the same.
    Strange. You tried a monitor resolution like 1024 x 768 or even higher (as your monitor can handle it!)?

I'm using Cubase SX, when the resolution is set to 1024 x 768 I can't see the color chart above on the right side. Strange, isn't it?

Post Re: At my wits end.

Styxx, I posted this on another thread. I'll post it here also . Best of Luck.

Here is the contact info for NI USA: Available:
    Monday – Thursday 9am - 5pm pacific
    Friday: 9am – 4pm pacific
    Phone: +1.323.467 2693
    Good luck, all the best
    MotuHari--DP 4.61, Reason, Stylus RMX, Kontakt2, VGEE, GPO, Mac B&W G3w/G4 Upgrade, Keystation Pro 88

With the gracious help from Brian2112, we were able to reset the resolution setting on the monitors and k 2 with some adjustments fits. However, being that I have 15" monitors ... I HAVE TO USE BINOCULARS TO READ ANYTHING OF ANYTHING!
    NI has to wake up and do something about this shortsighted bug. I gather none of their beta testers have a monitor below a 20" LCD? Well will you fancy that? Some of us have all the resources.
    I went to bed with a splitting headache and blurred vision. I don't know if I can continue with such settings for long. I wonder if they make some sort of magnification lens one can put in front of the screen?
    Nonetheless, I am so grateful for every ones help and suggestions. Brain2112 especially.
    Styxx

OS X has a built-in magnification lens. I have two large monitors but I still use it all the time when I use programs that are designed too small!

Go to your System Preferences > System > Universal Access. There you can turn Zoom on. The key commands are listed there. Learn them. It's a lot of fun to zoom in and zoom out on stuff! I have the keys memorized and use them daily whenever anyone sends me an e-mail with the text far too small!

15" monitors are becoming a thing of the past. You can now purchase 17" LCD monitors for under $200 and the 15" are not much cheaper these days.

Jim

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast