• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Nutcracker

Share/Bookmark

The Nutcracker

I don't know why ... I was just in the mood to hear some of the Nutcracker whilest I eatst me lunchsk. Uk kuk kuk kuk kuk! I yams what I yams.
    Still one of the best productions using GPO out there!
    Styxx

Re: The Nutcracker

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I don't know why ... I was just in the mood to hear some of the Nutcracker whilest I eatst me lunchsk. Uk kuk kuk kuk kuk! I yams what I yams.
    Still one of the best productions using GPO out there!
    For those who missed last holiday's Nutcracker, here is is:

[mov]http://www.garritan.com/nutplayer.swf[/mov]

Last year the Northwest Ballet danced to the Personal Orchestra rendition of this time-honored classic. This entire full-length production was almost two hours and performed at the historic Mount Baker Theatre in Bellingham, WA (a beautiful opulent and ornate 1,500 seat theatre built in the 1920's).

Here's the link to our Nutcracker page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Nutcracker.html

A special thank you to those who worked so hard to sequence the music for this successful performance, especially to Jim Ortner who did almost the entire sequencing for the show. Thanks to Francesco Marchetti, Robert Davis, Frank Spitznagel and Tom Hopkins for their contributions to the music. Thanks also to John Biship who shared the vision for this sequenced production of the Nutcracker. John Bishop, has been a professional dancer, choreographer, and teacher for over 30 years and has danced for many years with the American Ballet Theatre in New York as well as with major ballet companies throughout the world. An also thanks to the dancers for gracing this music with their talent. And thanks PapaChalk for making it possible to embed this player in the forum.

Enjoy the music and Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

Mt.Baker Theatre Stage

Maybe it's because The Nutcracker was the first theatre performance experienced when I was a wee little lad? Maybe deep down I miss the stage, the orchestra pit, the lights, all the rehearsals, props, crew, cast, tears, fears, arguments, worries, budget cuts, fundraisers, costumes, opening nights, closing nights, cast parties, award picnics, Christmas shows and parties, long hours transposing parts, vocal rehearsals, auditions and more auditions, the sound, the musicians, and the audience.

Ah yes ... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh? What da? Ooooo, bad dream.......ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

Let the music begin!
    Styxx

It is a GREAT production and I enjoy it everytime I hear it Thanks for making it available again!!! It's also quite fitting with all of this SNOW

Talking Re: The Nutcracker

Ah Gary what a pleasant surprise! Me happy yes? Yay!
    I'm a freaking nut a Nutcracker that is!!!!
    Styxx

Woohoo!! Nutcracker!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

A vewy impodant Bimp.
    Styxx

I can't believe the player is still up and running on Gary's site.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Great job. Yes, I too was surprised to find the player here on the site still. Is there a way to download these mp3's, or does the player block that?

Regards,
    Trond

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Pray View Post
    It is a GREAT production and I enjoy it everytime I hear it Thanks for making it available again!!! It's also quite fitting with all of this SNOW
    Please explain me the relation between cracking nuts and snow.

Raymond

Go Back to forum