• Register
  • Help

Topic: Port Switching 4 Live Work

Share/Bookmark

Question Port Switching 4 Live Work

Is there a way to have the same instruments on each port, but with different MIDI channels assigned. I'm hoping I can send CC info to switch to another port so I can have the same instruments I choose to play come out w/ different FX, and layering with instruments like piano no FX, piano w/strings and FX? I'm using Scope DSP cards ( 3 ) for mixing and FX also. I could always just sequence everything, but this for live performance on arrangements that evolve nightly due to alot of guest appearences and such. I welcome any input, and ideas. Afterall, we're not communists.

Re: Port Switching 4 Live Work

Are you aware of GS3's ability to stack mutiple Gig files on a single MIDI channel? This might solve your problem of needing multiple variations of the same instrument.

To enable stacking mode you have to depress the "Stack Instruments on active MIDI channel" button located just above the QS database window.

For instance, You could load Piano-A on Port 1 Channel 1, and then stack Piano-A with Strings-A on Port 1 Channel 2...There is no limit to how many instruments you can stack on a single channel...

Once you have created a layered instrument on a single MIDI channel, you can then route each instrument to a different DSP channel for additional FX or route them to the same DSP channel for shared FX!

Hope this helps.

Re: Port Switching 4 Live Work

I believe that you haved helped. I'll try this. However I still have a sew buggy things I'm trying to solve. I just got my DSP cards maxxed out x 3, and love routing 16 channels of Giga through these marvelous FX. Thank you ,I will let you know how things are working after the gig Friday.

To Us, And Those Of Us Like Us,

Jimmy V.

Go Back to forum