• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere installation issues

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Atmosphere installation issues

Hi there,
    Just got Atmosphere and it does sound exciting listening to everyone here say how good it is. However it seems I might never know! I cannot get it to install even tho' my machine is well ahead of the specs required.

Having read through many of the posts here it seems only MAC OSX users seem to have this prob and I am windows XP
    It gets to the 3rd disc and then tells me there was an installation error. Same place everytime and have tried about 6 times now.
    I've followed their advice and turned off the second monitor as well as checking the cd driver is up to date and had nothing else going on on the screen and it still won't have it.

As I have obviously broken the seal to get to the discs I can't return them so it seems I may have just purchased some very expensive coasters!!
    Please tell me I haven't - anyone?

Hudson1

Re: Atmosphere installation issues

There is a gentlemen named Spectrum here. He is a staff member of Spectrasonics.

I am sure he will help you and probably ask you to call tech support and I KNOW they will help you out. Sounds like a bad disk in the bunch that needs to be replaced.

www.spectrasonics.net

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    There is a gentlemen named Spectrum here. He is a staff member of Spectrasonics.

I am sure he will help you and probably ask you to call tech support and I KNOW they will help you out. Sounds like a bad disk in the bunch that needs to be replaced.

www.spectrasonics.net

Mike
    Spectrum is not a staff member. He is the owner and legendary sound designer Eric Persing.

He will indeed probably tell you to contact tech support and they will indeed help you as they are quite good.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

We'll get you up and running. First try checking out the knowledge base site as the answers are there for you:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/

If you still have no luck, please contact us and we'll get you sorted ASAP.

info@spectrasonics.net

Thanks!

spectrum

Smile Re: Atmosphere installation issues

Thanks for the replies

I have now managed to get Atmosphere 1.0 onto my Windows XP system...I just daren't say how!!!
    OK u twisted my arm

It suspected that the problem was Disc 3 was faulty so.. I... erm ...copied its contents onto a blank CD that I named Atmosphere3 to fool the machine into thinking it was the real thing and guess what it worked!

So I get upto Disc5 this time and ...oh no this time this one stops ' unknown error' etc.

So I ..erm... copied its contents onto a blank CD that I named Atmosphere5 to fool the machine into thinking it was the real thing and guess what it worked!

And disc 6 worked fine so now I have it installed and working in Cubase SX although I can't see any patch names in its side panel unlike every other VST I've used. Seems I have to have the main Atmosphere window open to select patches? I kinda ran out of steam at this point and haven't had time to 'play' yet. I'm also aware that there is an update but I haven't been brave enough to go for that yet just in case!!!

Anyway I hope my workaround helps someone else and that it wasn't too illegal - afterall I did buy the original discs - its just that two of them were faulty. Still don't quite understand how I copied their contents yet the installer couldn't read them to install of the originals but hey...there are some mysteries in life that are maybe better left as mysteries; Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, Thatcher-the Musical!!!!! (yep its real)

No doubt I'll be back as I do need the help of experts and thanks again for the quick replies
    Huds

Quote Originally Posted by hudson1
    I can't see any patch names in its side panel unlike every other VST I've used. Seems I have to have the main Atmosphere window open to select patches?
    Yes...that's normal. Atmosphere has over 1000 patches, so the simple VST system isn't a good choice for real browsing.

I kinda ran out of steam at this point and haven't had time to 'play' yet. I'm also aware that there is an update but I haven't been brave enough to go for that yet just in case!!!
    Just get it....it's really easy to install. Simply a plug-in updater.

Anyway I hope my workaround helps someone else and that it wasn't too illegal - afterall I did buy the original discs
    No worries...that's one of our suggested fixes too. :-)

spectrum

Ooops

Sorry Eric - new to your company but not your products.

Did not mean any disrespect - as the owner of several companies past and present myself, I understand that the Boss / CEO is not just a STAFF member.

I apologize for the lack of respect and title - totally accidental and unintentional.

Your work and products are without measure and I am now a customer for life!

Mike

No worries! :-)

Hello Spectrum,
    Told you I'd be back!
    (sound like the governator!)
    OK so I went to your website's update page and saw 4 things to download for windows. I have saved them as the zip files onto my hardrive but can't find any instructions for what to do with them.
    I'm a bit reluctant to just drag and drop'em anywhere without being sure where they should go as it took while to get things 'up and running' and I don't want to mess that up.
    Presuming you will know and can help?
    Thanks in advance
    Huds

and while you r there!!!!!
    how do I create a favourite list in Cubase SX - it really is awesome in the true sense of the word - i must get things under control unless I want to sit here for 4 days just listening to presets!!!
    not a bad thing apart from for the marriage!
    Thx Huds

Go Back to forum