• Register
  • Help

Topic: National Goof Off Day

Orcas Island

National Goof Off Day

Yesterday was National Goof Off Day. Sorry I missed as I was goofing off.
    "Now here's a day that just about everybody can relax and enjoy. It's a day to do anything and everything.....except what you're supposed to do today.

Assuming you won't get in trouble at work or school, go ahead and play some golf, or play video games all day. Spend extra time surfing the net. Go out and spend the day window shopping with your favorite friend. Or, just read sit down and read a book or watch Tv. This day is set aside for you to do anything you enjoy doing.

A few years ago, a survey was performed to identify the most popular activity for goofing off. The top activity was playing video games. Who conducted the survey? Ninetendo.......no surprise. It kinda makes you wonder just who might have had the brainstorm to create this day......hmmmm.

The origin of this day is unknown. We do suspect it was created by some hard working individual who finally got fed up of always doing what he( or she) was supposed to do. Most likely, they finally lost it, and took a day to just goof off. How do we know it wasn't created by someone who is always goofing off? Because they would have created Goof Off week, or month, or......

Important Note: In our extensive research, we could find no information to suggest that this day is truly a "National" day. We did find references to this day as International Goof Off Day (on the same date). Again, there are no known records making it official. "
    If you missed celebrating it yesterday, then today is a perfect day to goof off!

West Seneca, NY

Re: National Goof Off Day

Stop goofing off Gary and get back to woik on GPOIARZY3POX!

Re: National Goof Off Day

Aw, darn... I worked yesterday (well, as much as I ever do).

Do I get comp time?

Go Back to forum