• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: Reflections Of The Heart

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Reflections Of The Heart

    This tune had it's start thirty four years ago and I finally finished it.

    Reflections Of The Heart


    GPO
    Steinway Piano - Full Strings - Chromatic Harp

    Artvista
    VGP

    ST2
    Pad - Acoustic Bass - Steinway Piano

    Miroslav
    Mixed Choir - French Horn F

    Sonic Reality
    Dynamic Violins

    Sagan's Metro 6.3.5

    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast...he%20Heart.MP3
    Last edited by fastlane; 04-23-2006 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Changed the mix

  2. #2

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    Nice job on this, FL.

    Thirty-four years! (And I thought it took me a long time to finish a piece...)

    I like these broad, sweeping lines... you just can't resist swaying with the waltz.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

    Post Scriptum:
    I might suggest a quick listen to the mix on headphones; seems like one of the piano lines is way, way right.

    .

  3. #3

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    This is a powerful piece that has a gentle flow to it. I agree with David though, it does sound as if one piano is shifted to the right. Was this intentional in order to show the use of two pianos (players) in performance? Irregardless, I like the piece just the same. And by the way, don't take 34 years to write another!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  4. #4

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    Nice work!

    I agree, 34 years is a long time.!.. Interestingly, it does sound similar to works near that period.( give or take 10 years )

    I too have many arrangements I began long ago, but never had the time and means to finish.... until now.

    Better late than never...

    very nice!

    ~jeff

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice job on this, FL.

    Thirty-four years! (And I thought it took me a long time to finish a piece...)

    I like these broad, sweeping lines... you just can't resist swaying with the waltz.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

    Post Scriptum:
    I might suggest a quick listen to the mix on headphones; seems like one of the piano lines is way, way right.

    .
    It was the part after the little intro that I came up with back in my hippie days.

    Yes, it was way to the right. I moved it from 2 back to 11 and it sounds much better. Thanks for the listen and help.

    I do have another waltz started in my head.

  6. #6
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    This is a powerful piece that has a gentle flow to it. I agree with David though, it does sound as if one piano is shifted to the right. Was this intentional in order to show the use of two pianos (players) in performance? Irregardless, I like the piece just the same. And by the way, don't take 34 years to write another!
    Listen to the first part now. I think I already had it at 2 in midi and mixed it over too far in audio. There is still plenty of seperation. Thanks for the good words.

  7. #7
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Reflections Of The Heart

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Nice work!

    I agree, 34 years is a long time.!.. Interestingly, it does sound similar to works near that period.( give or take 10 years )

    I too have many arrangements I began long ago, but never had the time and means to finish.... until now.

    Better late than never...

    very nice!

    ~jeff
    I think I was influenced by that mellow Blood, Sweat & Tears flute and guitar instrumental or maybe I was just under the influence.

    I'm glad you liked it.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •