• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rain Festival

California Redwoods

Rain Festival

When did my music begin to be so concerned with water? This is the earliest that I could find, October of 2003. That is, unless the two pieces conceived in 1948 or so, involving foggy nights should be considered. This one is part of my suite"From an Imaginary Land".

Rain Festival

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO Steinway.

I do hope that listening to it here does not set off a new round of rain here, as we have had quite enough for a while.

Re: Rain Festival

This piece is well constructed Richard. I like the background rhytmic flow behind the pitter-patter of lots of rain. You can certainly say there is a sense of lots of running water here. It has a wonderful drive to a the end that must really sound great when performed live. I like this piece very much. Thanks.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Re: Rain Festival

And still another excellent, fascinating piece, Richard...

Your explorations of water-related themes and concepts is an emminently successful area for you... very fruitful, indeed.

I wonder... could the same manner of fine musical thought be expanded further, into, say, fire?

Go Back to forum