• Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New illegal immigration bill

Share/Bookmark

New illegal immigration bill

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Anyone else watch Lou Dobbs?

Lou is the man. He's the only one, I've seen, that is really questioning the bad policies of the Bush administration and kicking ~~~.

He has been covering illegal immigration and broken borders for a long time now and port security is a hot topic lately.

What do you guys think of the new bill making illegal immigration a felony?

Bush's dream of cheap labor for his corporate buddies is being abused and is now finally backfiring on him.

All of Bushes policies fail it just takes a little longer than most of us here would like.

Re: New illegal immigration bill

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    What do you guys think of the new bill making illegal immigration a felony?
    Sounds great to me. How are you going to incarcerate the millions of people who are caught and charged with a felony?

Bush's dream of cheap labor for his corporate buddies is being abused and is now finally backfiring on him.

All of Bushes policies fail it just takes a little longer than most of us here would like.
    Don't put all of this on Bush like he is the only one not doing anything about it. It is probably the one thing I disagree with him about the most...but the democrats are just as bad on this issue. When it comes time to vote and put their vote where their mouth is, you will not find any one who will touch this with a ten foot pole on the democrat side. You watch.

And I would speculate that Bush's motivation has les to do with "wanting cheap labor for his corporate buddies" (...just give it up already)...and more to do with a political move of not wanting to piss off the hispanic voting population for the Republicans in upcoming elections. This is the reason why the democrats ultimately won't go there either at the end of the day either. Look at California for a current example of that. The democrats have been running this state and its legislature for decades...and illegal immigration here is about as bad as it can be. Even Arnold can't do a anything about it when he has the legislature stacked against him on this issue. That is why he has chosen to go to the people with referendums so often in attempts to bypass the legislature's democratic monopoly.

Illegal immigration is a BIG problem and needs to be dealt with using drastic measures in my opinion...but politics and those election considerations will ultimately win out over a heated topic such as this I'm afraid.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Lou is the man. He's the only one, I've seen, that is really questioning the bad policies of the Bush administration and kicking ~~~.

He has been covering illegal immigration and broken borders for a long time now and port security is a hot topic lately.
    There was some other guy that didn't much care for Bush's policies on illegal immigration... who was that? Oh, yeah... Bill O'Reilly.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I don't care much for Bill although I usually do agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Sounds great to me. How are you going to incarcerate the millions of people who are caught and charged with a felony?

Don't put all of this on Bush like he is the only one not doing anything about it. It is probably the one thing I disagree with him about the most...but the democrats are just as bad on this issue. When it comes time to vote and put their vote where their mouth is, you will not find any one who will touch this with a ten foot pole on the democrat side. You watch.

And I would speculate that Bush's motivation has les to do with "wanting cheap labor for his corporate buddies" (...just give it up already)...and more to do with a political move of not wanting to piss off the hispanic voting population for the Republicans in upcoming elections. This is the reason why the democrats ultimately won't go there either at the end of the day either. Look at California for a current example of that. The democrats have been running this state and its legislature for decades...and illegal immigration here is about as bad as it can be. Even Arnold can't do a anything about it when he has the legislature stacked against him on this issue. That is why he has chosen to go to the people with referendums so often in attempts to bypass the legislature's democratic monopoly.

Illegal immigration is a BIG problem and needs to be dealt with using drastic measures in my opinion...but politics and those election considerations will ultimately win out over a heated topic such as this I'm afraid.
    Don't assume I'm a democrat. I don't think they have the answers either and I agree with you that many times they are worse about caving in to protect their reelection.

We need new people with balls that won't cave in.

We need to kick out the career politicians.

I agree with Lou Dobbs that we first need to secure the border.
    Then we can deal with the ones that are already here illegally.

First thing to do is take away the incentive to come here illegally.

That is no welfare handouts, no free healthcare, no making money and not paying taxes for illegals.

Can you walk into a government office and get a free anything without showing documentation? Then why are all these illegals getting free stuff?

Don't assume I'm a democrat. I don't think they have the answers either and I agree with you that many times they are worse about caving in to protect their reelection.
    Believe me...I made no assumption. I just think the blame for the problem does not lie at the feet of any one party or individual. And acknowledging that gets us at least one step closer to finding common ground among everyone to find a solution to the problem.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

True. If no one can agree what the problem is it makes it harder to solve.

What do you think some solutions would be?

I've spent time with a group (No Mas Muertes) filling water containers near Aqua Prieta/Douglas to keep people from dying trying to get here. Hundreds die each year in the desert heat.

Don't worry. They're not coming here for our water. It's the jobs. And standing there, imagining myself with a gallon jug and small backpack, I was certain that I could make it safely - even without the water tanks. I would guess that the migrants feel the same. I saw ten year olds and seventy year olds, though most were in between.

There are two solutions:

1) Build a big wall (it's mostly just a line in the dirt) and penalize the EMPLOYERS, so it will be hard to get here, and there won't be any jobs for those who make it. (Felonies for the migrants just means less competition for the jobs.)

-OR-

2) Create a guest worker program of some sort, etc, etc.

I'll tell you what's not acceptable. People dying from dehydration trying to get here.

There's another thing that can help. Buy products that help the economy south of the border. Believe me, people would rather stay with friends and family than hike across miles of desert hiding from the law.

http://www.justcoffee.org

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I've spent time with a group (No Mas Muertes) filling water containers near Aqua Prieta/Douglas to keep people from dying trying to get here. Hundreds die each year in the desert heat.
    -JF
    What's that got to do with immigration?

While that's commendable of you Jon. Like you said we need to take the incentive away for people to illegally come here. Then they won't die trying to get in.

Mexico needs to take responsibilty for it's own people instead of encouraging them to come up here because they failed to create their own economy.

The illegals are costing this country enormous sums in healthcare and welfare and we can't afford it anymore.

Illegals have better access to healthcare than most hardworking people, most who have no insurance. Is that fair? And they don't have to pay a cent for it while most working people can barely afford to see a doctor for minor needs.

Our property taxes are paying to school all the illegal kids while I myself don't even have kids. Why should I have to pay for them to go to school?

Basically this country is being overrun with illegals and we are all paying for it while they get a free ride.

This will soon bankrupt our country, not that we are in good shape now, if we don't figure it out soon.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast