• Register
  • Help

Topic: JaBB demo - Genzmer Sax 4tet mvt 1

Share/Bookmark

JaBB demo - Genzmer Sax 4tet mvt 1

Now I'm starting to get my claws into JaBB...

Harald Genzmer wrote 3 Quartets for SATBaritone sax, and they are WONderful...

Recordings of these pieces are hard to come by - there was a recording released in Germany, but it quickly sold out, and was not re-issued. I noticed they were at my local University library, and decided to have a go at interpreting them in JaBB.

http://evensongmusic.net/audio/Haral...QaurtetOne.mp3

This is pretty much straight from Finale (with a little balance tweakage courtesy of etLux - thanks, David!

Enjoy!

Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Sax 4tet mvt 1

You know, at first hearing -- I pretty much just went "eh" at the piece. But it grows on you, and I've rather come to like it. I enjoy the raw, clear concert context of the saxes in it... there's a brash freshness to it, and Genzmer plainly knows how to advantage that.

It's Jonathan's fine interpretation, of course. All I did to this was cross the channels a little to get better ensemble, rebalance slightly, and slap an impulse over it.

Nice job, Jonathan... and still another unique piece.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Sax 4tet mvt 1

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    You know, at first hearing -- I pretty much just went "eh" at the piece. But it grows on you, and I've rather come to like it. I enjoy the raw, clear concert context of the saxes in it... there's a brash freshness to it, and Genzmer plainly knows how to advantage that.

It's Jonathan's fine interpretation, of course. All I did to this was cross the channels a little to get better ensemble, rebalance slightly, and slap an impulse over it.

Nice job, Jonathan... and still another unique piece.
    Thanks, David!

Always glad to expand your horizons

Cheerio,

Go Back to forum